Its wheeling time again. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Its wheeling time again.

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 09-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

Its wheeling time again.

In case you didn't know the weathers cooling and the next 6 months are ours.While their freezing their behinds up North were having fun down here.
Just so you know the last 10 years trails are slowly getting closed down.This is due to garbage,going off trail and destruction of state and federal stuff.There's a lot of people out there wanting trails closed on account of this.I think you know the type of people i'm talking about.
If you see any of this happening turn it in or take some extra trash with you even if it isn't your,it all helps.As of now i know of 8 trails between here and Prescott that have been closed.Two more were slated but got adopted by clubs and put on hold.
Join the Arizona Fish and Game site and get emails on closures ,places to go and such.They have meetings on the books for trail closures,at least you can attend and put your 2 cents in.It all helps. http://www.azgfd.gov/
Don't let them start closing anymore.The people who want them closed are many and powerfull,so it takes everyone that can help to stop them.

dslywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Yep I agree with you, I took some out of town friends to the Smiley rock trail about a year ago, When we got to the water tank we found so many beer cans, bottles and just plain trash, I was so mad and embarrassed. We cleaned it up of course but it amazes me that people would do that. Those same people will wonder why the trails are closing. A small group of us went up there a few weekends ago and notice they closed off the area around the water tank.
I come from Southern California, so many trails I used to 4wheel in are now closed for ever, due to trash and camp fires. I really hope that doesn't continue here, even though it has already started .

I am part of the Yavapai County Search & Rescue (Jeep Posse) In part of our training we go out about once a month to do fire patrol, communications and just to see whats going on out there, but there are so many miles out there we cant see it all.
So everyone that is reading this posting please help us all out, if we all do our part the trails will stay open.

My friends and I were thinking of adopting a trail but not sure on how to go about it, I'm going to check out that site your showing and go to the local forest department to see what they have.

Thanks for getting me fired up about it
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericksin View Post
Yep I agree with you, I took some out of town friends to the Smiley rock trail about a year ago, When we got to the water tank we found so many beer cans, bottles and just plain trash, I was so mad and embarrassed. We cleaned it up of course but it amazes me that people would do that. Those same people will wonder why the trails are closing. A small group of us went up there a few weekends ago and notice they closed off the area around the water tank.
I come from Southern California, so many trails I used to 4wheel in are now closed for ever, due to trash and camp fires. I really hope that doesn't continue here, even though it has already started .

I am part of the Yavapai County Search & Rescue (Jeep Posse) In part of our training we go out about once a month to do fire patrol, communications and just to see whats going on out there, but there are so many miles out there we cant see it all.
So everyone that is reading this posting please help us all out, if we all do our part the trails will stay open.

My friends and I were thinking of adopting a trail but not sure on how to go about it, I'm going to check out that site your showing and go to the local forest department to see what they have.

Thanks for getting me fired up about it
Get with the USFS or BLM wherever the trail is located at and they should have the info.USFS is in Prescott and Yavapai Cty should have info also on trail adoption.
When i lived in Crown King the trail to the Desoto Mine was up for adoption outside of Cleator. We used to have a yearly cleanup along that road up there.Amazing what you found for trash.One year we scored 200 gallons of diesel fuel.Now you think someone who lost it would pick it up.
There were 2 small trails up in the CK area that got closed 6 years ago.Don't sound like much but it cut thru and joined other trails and now you have to drive 20 miles to get around to other areas that were only a mile away before the trail closure. Illegal campfire was the reason it closed.
Hope you get your trail and leave info here if you can on how to do it.Maybe others will get involved in it.I know it takes awhile to get it.
dslywalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.