I'm convinced the WAVE is dead in Arizona - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > I'm convinced the WAVE is dead in Arizona

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 05-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #31
Bwoods
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I wave, sometimes they wave back and sometimes they don't. My kid says they aren't true jeepers they are snobs that never take their Jeep off road. She said they are just using them for mommy vans and want to look cool......got to love the way kids think......

Bwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #32
0uTkAsT
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwoods View Post
I wave, sometimes they wave back and sometimes they don't. My kid says they aren't true jeepers they are snobs that never take their Jeep off road. She said they are just using them for mommy vans and want to look cool......got to love the way kids think......
She's probably right
'07 KJ 4X4 - Front & Rear Tow Hooks - Rightline Roof Carrier - aFe Pro-Guard Drop-In - Full Mopar Skids - Custom Phone Mount - 400W Inverter - Clevis - Top Plate - Isos - 16x7" Black Rock Lobos - Gorilla Lugs - Planned: Trimmed Bumper, Dynomax Muffler, Soundstream H/U, 15W Reverse Lights, Airflow Snorkel, Lund Catch-All Xtreme Floor Liners
0uTkAsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #33
carbert
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Its so true..some people wave others don't..I've noticed true jeeps that are set up always wave..there's a variety of yj, tj, jk..yhat don't wave..I guess its just the people..but everyone has a jeep for a reason..that's way u bought one..be friendly and wave back..I'm just thinking
carbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #34
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

was in Big bear wheeling this last week end and seemed i got more waves from stockers. even the women jeepers. not just the "wheelers". was kinda cool too see the love.
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #35
aroundincircles
2012 MK Patriot 

I've tried to be more mindful when I'm driving my jeep and wave, but now that its summer, and 90% of the time I'm driving the jeep I have my kids in the car with me, and a pregnant wife, my windows are rolled up with the AC blasting, i think most people don't see me.
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #36
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueljunkie
Sounds good, let me know when you're here. 110 never sounds good.
Yea let me know too. I'm right down the street from fueljunkie.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #37
Aaron0028
2000 TJ Wrangler 

most wranglers wave down here in Tucson! even the jks
Quote:
I get usually at least two waves every day my records 11 though !
Aaron0028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #38
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

People dont know I'm in a Jeep it seems a lot of the time... XJ problems.

College Student in Genetics, misanthrope, Jeeper and musician

- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #39
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm up by Perkinsville Road.
Perkinsvile eh? We sold our place on Big Black Mesa but before we did our J10 died near hells canyon and perkinsville road. Yeh when you drive the old ones you need friends in all places lol. Nobody waves at our stock cherokees but in the lightly modded JK I'm a wavin fool......

funny thing is we used to live on a little island accessed only by ferry, there the islanders all waved (single finger) at each other but not at summer people or scurvy mainlanders. We then bought a J10 to live in while seeking work cross country and everywhere we went people waved. I had no idea wtf was up until I bought a JK and started reading about the jeep wave being dead. **** I didn;t even know it was a jeep thing......just a country/cool "car" tang

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #40
Aaron0028
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy View Post
People dont know I'm in a Jeep it seems a lot of the time... XJ problems.
I usually flash the peace sign out the window. ive been noticing xjs waving more often, maybe its just because im flying the American flag off the back now though, ive been getting a lot of random waves because of that haha.
Unread 08-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #41
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm runnin the roads in AZ now and I always wave.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #42
Aaron0028
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernBchJeep View Post
I'm runnin the roads in AZ now and I always wave.
welcome to AZ!
Unread 08-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #43
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks!

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #44
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sometimes when I wave at other jeeps, they don't wave back..... I was wondering why until I realized I was driving my Silverado instead of my Wrangler... Lot of Jk drivers here don't wave, most older wranlgers/ XJ's /CJ's wave. Grands, Liberties and the like rarely do...
SSRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #45
Sandlapper3396

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe View Post
funny thing is we used to live on a little island accessed only by ferry, there the islanders all waved (single finger) at each other but not at summer people or scurvy mainlanders. We then bought a J10 to live in while seeking work cross country and everywhere we went people waved. I had no idea wtf was up until I bought a JK and started reading about the jeep wave being dead. **** I didn;t even know it was a jeep thing......just a country/cool "car" tang
Yup, my feelings exactly. I think some of these city born folk have been trying to take it up as their own. People been waving at total strangers in the country before vehicles were made.
Sandlapper3396 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.