I'm convinced the WAVE is dead in Arizona - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > I'm convinced the WAVE is dead in Arizona

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 04-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #16
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

2 fingers above the mirror.

I need to get a CB still, will probably pick one up before my next run on the 13th. but I always wave to the oncoming, and if I'm the leader, telling people how many people are coming is usually my way of saying "Get outta our way!"

I've had as many as 23 jeeps on 1 run, and that's a lot of people to have to pass, so we were given the right of way.

aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #17
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

I had to wait over 30min once on the Rubicon. Waited for the last two. kept waiting... we are like were the heck are these guys. So we started to roll and few minutes up the trails they are taking a "smoke" break. Cheech & Chong stly.

Some trails are very tight people might have to give way where they can.
Unread 04-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #18
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I didn't read the whole thread but it seems its mostly the JK guys that are the non wavers more so bc most of em aren't jeep heads or offroaders. I'm a yj guy and I wave at everyone and its usually the cjs, yjs, and modded tjs that wave. I've even had a few yota guys throw up the props.

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #19
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
I didn't read the whole thread but it seems its mostly the JK guys that are the non wavers more so bc most of em aren't jeep heads or offroaders. I'm a yj guy and I wave at everyone and its usually the cjs, yjs, and modded tjs that wave. I've even had a few yota guys throw up the props.
Really or maybe it's because we're too good to wave. That's not generalizing much. I wave at everyone. Sometimes I forget I'm not in my JK. Most modded Jeepers wave because they get it. Even the cherokees. So here is your wave from this JK owner.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #20
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueljunkie
Really or maybe it's because we're too good to wave. That's not generalizing much. I wave at everyone. Sometimes I forget I'm not in my JK. Most modded Jeepers wave because they get it. Even the cherokees. So here is your wave from this JK owner.
Haha thanks

My Build Thread
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #21
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueljunkie
Just noticed ur in PV. My good buddy lives in chino and I go up there pretty frequently. We should get together and hit some trails. It's nice to wheel somewhere it's not 110 degrees

My Build Thread
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #22
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

yea its getting warm, heading out to run sleeping princess right now. last run I think in the lower areas. Next month we start Moss and mid month going to Big bear.
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #23
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Just noticed ur in PV. My good buddy lives in chino and I go up there pretty frequently. We should get together and hit some trails. It's nice to wheel somewhere it's not 110 degrees
Sounds good, let me know when you're here. 110 never sounds good.
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #24
0uTkAsT
2007 KJ Liberty 

I was in my Tacoma today and gave a nod and wave to this middle aged guy in a nice black expo/overland style Land Cruiser with a lift, ARB armor, etc. and he stared at me for a second and looked away. Not long after I saw a Sportsmobile in a parking lot and gave a big thumbs up to the driver and him and his wife both waved and smiled. Just depends on the driver really.
'07 KJ 4X4 - Front & Rear Tow Hooks - Rightline Roof Carrier - aFe Pro-Guard Drop-In - Full Mopar Skids - Custom Phone Mount - 400W Inverter - Clevis - Top Plate - Isos - 16x7" Black Rock Lobos - Gorilla Lugs - Planned: Trimmed Bumper, Dynomax Muffler, Soundstream H/U, 15W Reverse Lights, Airflow Snorkel, Lund Catch-All Xtreme Floor Liners
0uTkAsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #25
03azwj
2003 WJ 

3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #26
Sandlapper3396

2009 JK Wrangler 

I generally don't wave on the road, unless there is a second or two of eye contact.

It may just be the country boy in me but growing up, when off the beaten path, we waved at everything. Hikers, people on horseback, tractors, or any other vehicle we came across on the miles of dirt before reaching asphalt. May have been just common courtesy. May have been people were nicer. Or may have been a slight sign of reassurance for both parties that the other wasn't a complete sociopath wanting to cut them up into little pieces and bury them out in the middle of nowhere.

My point is that I have never shared the opinion that the wave was exclusive to actually owning a jeep. That it was just how people out in the boonies acknowledged one another, that got carried back to the masses. Even now when off-road, I wave at dirt bikes, ATVs and passing camp sites. I always get a response from these folks.
Sandlapper3396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #27
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlapper3396 View Post
I generally don't wave on the road, unless there is a second or two of eye contact.

It may just be the country boy in me but growing up, when off the beaten path, we waved at everything. Hikers, people on horseback, tractors, or any other vehicle we came across on the miles of dirt before reaching asphalt. May have been just common courtesy. May have been people were nicer. Or may have been a slight sign of reassurance for both parties that the other wasn't a complete sociopath wanting to cut them up into little pieces and bury them out in the middle of nowhere.

My point is that I have never shared the opinion that the wave was exclusive to actually owning a jeep. That it was just how people out in the boonies acknowledged one another, that got carried back to the masses. Even now when off-road, I wave at dirt bikes, ATVs and passing camp sites. I always get a response from these folks.
It's Ok not to get it. Some just don't.
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #28
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlapper3396 View Post

That's how I was raised too! I grew up in South Dakota and on the rural farm roads, you did the two-fingers-on-the-steering-wheel-flip-wave I do the same thing here in MT now that I can drive, and even though I don't get it much driving in town, when I get out of town even a little, everybody waves!

As far as Jeeps/OHV's are concerned, I've only gotten it back twice in or around town; once from an older gentleman in a nice Cherokee and another time from a guy with a well-built 'Yota. Other than that, it's all been on trails. Those guys all know what they're doing

-Evan
Unread 05-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #29
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Just wanted to say I got my first wave yesterday by a younger guy in a stock xj....score! !
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #30
11B-33T
Grumpy vet

2004 WJ 

from Sierra Vista..
11B-33T is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.