JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Arizona Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f320/)
-   -   I'm convinced the WAVE is dead in Arizona (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f320/im-convinced-wave-dead-arizona-1511741/)

VietVet67 04-19-2013 09:02 PM

I'm convinced the WAVE is dead in Arizona

I spent the last 5 months at our place in Bouse Arizona (below Parker) and put 6k miles on the LJ and one person waved the whole time--I got tired of waving myself after a month??? Just thought you should know --"Rant OFF"--:rantoff:

222Doc 04-19-2013 10:43 PM

dang you were close to us. Yea not to many wave anymore. Here in havasu there is so many Jeeps you will wear out your shoulder even to try. I still do but mainy at Trail Jeeps. I waved at a guy in a nice Yota the other day man was he suprized, he waved and gave a big ol smile. You would have thought no one ever gave him the wave before.

Do any wheeling in parker? Lots of great trails out there. If I would have known I could have show you around some. The desert bar is a fun run a few ways from gravel road to hard core to get out to it. Next time maybe.

:cheers2:

WindKnot 04-20-2013 09:37 AM

Something you may want to consider, and that's wave protocol. It's supposed to be customary for the less senior Jeep (newer) to initiate the wave. (Kind of like Navy ships passing Honors, except it's the Jeep and not the driver) :rtft: Now don't get me wrong, as if I see a modded out newer Jeep than mine where I can definitely see it's a trail rig and not a grocery getter, I'll just wave at first sight.

But because yours is newer, there ARE a lot of GGs out there with owners that have their heads in dark places. NO REFLECTION ON YOU, but after a while you get the impression that the oncoming new Jeep owner is oblivious and owns it because it's "cool". It's hard to wave when the other Jeep doesn't have a clue. If the oncoming Jeep is at least trail rigged or hopelessly ancient like my CJ, you know the guy has a clue because it is dirty/modded out, or the guy is obviously hopelessly stupid/stubborn because it IS a CJ.

Don't give up the wave! Us guys who drive older Jeeps need to know who our friends are when we break down on the side of the road. :2thumbsup: Hey, it's a "Jeep thing"!

222Doc 04-20-2013 10:15 AM

There is alot of hate these days. back when i was a pup. everyone waved. no matter what you drove. To day you are more like to get the single finger wave:D. You must live in the Prescott area.? we lived out that way back in 1989. I went from a 66 to the 012. had a 2a before that. Yes the newer Jeeps gets haters from the older Jeeps and some love it. I wont wheel with the ash-hats. Not enough time for that.

To me all Jeeps are Jeeps. But today many drivers it is just a cool SUV. I had to get ride of the 66 was just to hard on me to go far and enjoy it.

ever i our neck on desert. Know some cool places. :cheers2:

WindKnot 04-20-2013 11:32 AM

You misunderstood me. I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. I don't hate the new Jeeps. That wasn't my point. I was trying to say that by their nature, (being newer, more reliable, available from a dealer just the way you want it, etc.) the modern Jeep is more attractive to people that just "don't Jeep". In no way did I wish to imply that just because you have a modern Jeep you're not a Jeeper. But sadly you're the one who's going to have to distinguish yourself from "the cool people". That's why I mentioned the almost forgotten protocol. Unless I can spot you're a real Jeeper, sadly you're just one of the crowd. Stand out, whether by mud or equipment and I'll happily initiate the wave. I'll happily return a wave to a GG too. If they know the wave, I figure they're at least a Jeeper in spirit.

And yes I'm happily in the Prescott area!

222Doc 04-20-2013 11:45 AM

I meant no offense to you and was talking about others that have the its only Jeep if its this old thing going on. Funny it seems to be the Tj more than the Classic Cj'ers. not all but i do notice it.

Prescott area is nice have family down in chino.

WindKnot 04-20-2013 12:37 PM

When you drive a CJ you want to make friends with everyone! :rofl:

I'm up by Perkinsville Road.

222Doc 04-20-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindKnot (Post 15322832)
When you drive a CJ you want to make friends with everyone! :rofl:

I'm up by Perkinsville Road.

My 66 needed friends.

Heck you are close to my mother inlaw, i feal for you:rofl:

ericksin 04-20-2013 07:44 PM

:wave:

fueljunkie 04-20-2013 08:14 PM

:wavey:

222Doc 04-21-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fueljunkie (Post 15324329)
:wavey:

how was the trip? you back? PICS!

fueljunkie 04-21-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 222Doc (Post 15325815)
how was the trip? you back? PICS!

Sure am. I'll post up some pics when I get them all together. I need ericksin to send me some of his.

0uTkAsT 04-23-2013 12:15 AM

My KJ is all stock for now so I don't even bother trying to waive unless I'm out on a trail for fear of looking like a wannabe retard. But even in my heavily modded Tacoma, sometimes Jeep guys and other 'Yota drivers look at me like I'm trying to start something when I waive. I think it's just drivers in the Valley... When I get out on the trails or head up North towards Payson/Show Low it's a different story. I spend a lot of time out near Albuquerque / Rio Rancho also and nobody waives there either. Seems like the smaller the town the more response you get from other drivers.

aroundincircles 04-23-2013 08:02 PM

I have an MK (patriot, lifted, and oft taken off road) and while I wave very often at other jeeps I get dirty looks back from the lifted/off road guys, and confused look at mall crawlers.

222Doc 04-23-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aroundincircles (Post 15338150)
I have an MK (patriot, lifted, and oft taken off road) and while I wave very often at other jeeps I get dirty looks back from the lifted/off road guys, and confused look at mall crawlers.

Yea i could see that being an issue. Unless its on solid front and 35"s most wont notice it. Though I like the looks of the Pat. It does have the Jeep face.

My wave on the road is more the Harley wave, 5 low. Since i am doorless or half doors most the time.

Now off road is another protocal, On the Cb we get a call to say pull out to let the next group pass/ or to warn on coming. always give a wave at the guys going by no matter what they drive/ walk/ 2 wheel/ horses. the latter it is best to shut down as well, let them have way.:cool:

Busy trails the leaders will give a number count so the tail gunners know when they get by.

The time now is 10:41 PM.