Hurst Firestone Autocare center - DO NOT USE! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Hurst Firestone Autocare center - DO NOT USE!

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 03-31-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
bikedude189
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Hurst Firestone Autocare center - DO NOT USE!

For any of you who may be in Flagstaff, AZ, please read.

This is my story about my recent experience I have had with the above mentioned establishment. The incident(s) occurred on March 30/31st of 2011. I bought 4 BFG 3x10.5R15 all terrains, and had them shipped there as they are a preferred installer or something like that.

This experience was the worst customer service I have ever received, and will do what I can (by spreading the story) to make them lose business because of this.

I had them install the new tires on my last set of rims, and dispose of the tires I was on (33x12.5 MT/r's) and return the rims to me. Everything went well (i thought), except they forgot to transfer the center caps to the new wheels...until I got home to unload the bare rims from the jeep.

The last rim I pulled out was obviously bent. It had a couple large gouges (like from a bead breaking machine I think) and the lip was bent to where I doubt it will hold air. The next morning, i also noticed that the center where the lug holes are was coned and badly bent. This was on a rim I drove to the place with...

That morning I also noticed a brand new wheel weight, that matched the ones on my wheels, sitting in my driveway. Really guys? So I call and make an appointment to come back, and print out a price from Qtec for a new wheel; a measly $80.

I go back in and the owner, without seeing the wheel starts spoon-feeding me bull### about how his machine couldn't have done this and how it has plastic tips, and a bunch of other crap. So the manager looks at the wheel, and almost without seeing it starts more excuses like "oh, the lug nuts were loose, see how it's wallowed around the holes?" (there was no sign of wallowed holes, btw.) This was on a rim that I had been driving on for about three months after the last time it was off. There were no signs of rubbing on the mounting surface of the wheel, and none of the studs were in the least bit damaged. When I asked why hen didn't call me when hen noticed the lugs were that loose, he blurted "how were we supposed to see that! We just took them off!" Wow. Quality mechanics if they didn't notice a wheel so loose it caused itself to bend. But that was some more painfully obvious bull...

They did agree to re-balance all 4 wheels, free of charge. When I got home I found another weight just barely hanging on. I mean, its one thing to make that mistake once, but twice?!

So the tech is re-installing the tires - with an impact wrench... I casually ask him "so what torque is that impact set to?" and his reply "it's on the first setting, so 125 ft-lbs." If this monkey had read a service manual in his life he would have known that the Jeep's lug torque is 80ft-lbs. (possibly 90, don't entirely remember). Never once did I see a torque wrench. I get home and remove the front wheels. I don't have a beam type torque wrench (clicker) so I can't be sure, but I would be surprised if the lugs were more than 50ft-lbs. So, I reinstalled the center caps, inspected all the studs (perfect) and reinstalled the wheels, this time to the correct torque.

To top this all off, the manager was unbelievably rude to me and obviously could not care less that he treated me like a stooge. He knew it was my word against his and he didn't legally have to replace the rim.

The entire staff of this facility, I feel, is either grossly incompetent, or gutless criminals. Please feel free to pass this story along, as I will. I will post pictures of the damaged rim as soon as I can.

P.S. while I was there, there was another kid who had come back because when they worked on his car, they didn't seal the t-stat housing properly and it overheated.... nice.

2" LIFT
BFG A/T'S
bikedude189 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.