How many regularely view this section? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > How many regularely view this section?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #31
dilligaf69
1998 ZJ 

I have checked out the websites for the local clubs, doesn't appear to be much
activity from any of them. It's hard to keep people interested in anything for very long around here. I used to be part of a fairly large air-soft organization that met up just about every weekend. That only lasted about two years before it fell apart.

If anyone here in Tucson needs any help with anything with their jeeps or any vehicle for that matter, feel free to give me a shout.

Unread 02-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #32
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

everyone who posts in here regularly is from Tucson.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #33
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Everybody? I don't think so.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #34
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Prescott
Unread 02-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #35
DesertSailors
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf69 View Post
I have checked out the websites for the local clubs, doesn't appear to be much
activity from any of them. It's hard to keep people interested in anything for very long around here. I used to be part of a fairly large air-soft organization that met up just about every weekend. That only lasted about two years before it fell apart.

If anyone here in Tucson needs any help with anything with their jeeps or any vehicle for that matter, feel free to give me a shout.
Another Tucsonan checking in...

Yep, Tucson is funny when it comes to staying organized. Maybe it's the heat. I second the idea of a Tucson thread, but it probably won't get much momentum. As a former resident of the San Diego area, I'm impressed with (and jealous) of their thread in this forum... it doesn't take a lot of people to keep a local thread going, just a commitment to make and share plans for build meets, trail runs, etc. I would subscribe!

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came." - JFK
DesertSailors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #36
jeepers1
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Anthem AZ here, new to off roading. I recently posted thread below.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/j...p-too-1327728/
jeepers1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #37
dilligaf69
1998 ZJ 

Tucson is strange, I've been living here for five years now and can't consider anyone I know here as a "friend". Everyone I knew from my airsoft days here have pretty much just vanished and co-workers are just that. Even our neighbors out here are strange, nobody is friendly in the neighborhood unless they are talking about how drunk they got last night or getting drunk together.

It'd be great to hook up with some folks with common interests around here.
I spend most of my free time either fabricating something for the Jeep or my Harley and playing with my firearms, shooting or reloading.
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #38
ZMBJ33P
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf69
Tucson is strange, I've been living here for five years now and can't consider anyone I know here as a "friend". Everyone I knew from my airsoft days here have pretty much just vanished and co-workers are just that. Even our neighbors out here are strange, nobody is friendly in the neighborhood unless they are talking about how drunk they got last night or getting drunk together.

It'd be great to hook up with some folks with common interests around here.
I spend most of my free time either fabricating something for the Jeep or my Harley and playing with my firearms, shooting or reloading.
Sounds like you and I should go out shooting sometime
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #39
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I want a gun...

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #40
Aaron0028
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Where do u guys shoot? Pima county range or reddington?
Aaron0028 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #41
ZMBJ33P
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron0028 View Post
Where do u guys shoot? Pima county range or reddington?
I haven't been shooting in too damned long, and I've been both places. I also belong to the Tucson Rifle Club, out at 3 Points.

And Billy, YES, you need a gun
Unread 02-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #42
ZMBJ33P
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I check it at least 2 x's a day hoping that jeepers here in Tucson would actually post when they are getting together for a run. Seems to me that there isn't much club action here in Tucson.

Maybe we Jeepers here in Tucson need to get a new club up and going.
I'm usually ready to go somewhere almost every weekend. There's more than enough trails in our area here to keep us busy for a long time.

Anyone interested in getting a "ACTIVE" Jeep club here in Tucson give me a shout.

I'm willing to help anyone out in the area with any wrenching or fab work that needs it around here. I'm a ex-mechanic with skills that are going to waste. We should start doing "Wrench Parties/Cookouts" to help each other out.

The "Tigger" wants to bounce........ not just roll around town.
Have you heard of the Rough Riders? I'm a member, and while they don't wheel that often, they do some pretty wicked fun runs.

I'd love to do a wrench party, would probably save me some cash on installation. You do the wrenching, and teach me. I'll do the cooking and bring the beer.
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #43
dilligaf69
1998 ZJ 

I have a few toys to shoot....
1939 Mosin Nagant Long Barrel 7.62x54
1944 Mosin Nagant Carbine 7.62x54
Mossberg 12ga pump - tacticalized
Springfield XDM .40
Smith and Wesson 38 special air light snubby
My Son has a modernized AK47 (which is in my possession right now)
The wife has a Springfield XD service model .40

We used to go out to Redington Pass to shoot but too many Tactical want to be's out there for me. And it's become way too trashy.

Now we go out the west end of Avra Valley Road, it's about 20 miles out to the end and very very quiet, maybe just a couple of folks out there at any time and there's a great view of the valley out there. I live in the NW part of town so it's about the same distance as to Redington. I try to shoot at least twice a month.
Unread 02-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #44
Aaron0028
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have a few toys to shoot....
1939 Mosin Nagant Long Barrel 7.62x54
1944 Mosin Nagant Carbine 7.62x54
Mossberg 12ga pump - tacticalized
Springfield XDM .40
Smith and Wesson 38 special air light snubby
My Son has a modernized AK47 (which is in my possession right now)
The wife has a Springfield XD service model .40

We used to go out to Redington Pass to shoot but too many Tactical want to be's out there for me. And it's become way too trashy.

Now we go out the west end of Avra Valley Road, it's about 20 miles out to the end and very very quiet, maybe just a couple of folks out there at any time and there's a great view of the valley out there. I live in the NW part of town so it's about the same distance as to Redington. I try to shoot at least twice a month.
Nice! I also have a mosin nagant 7.62x54, fun gun to shoot, and my ar15 and 30-30 and 12ga. Your right reddington is really dirty now I usually have to go way up to shoot alone and where it's not filled with trash. I'm still trying to find some good places
Aaron0028 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #45
DesertSailors
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMBJ33P

Have you heard of the Rough Riders? I'm a member, and while they don't wheel that often, they do some pretty wicked fun runs.

I'd love to do a wrench party, would probably save me some cash on installation. You do the wrenching, and teach me. I'll do the cooking and bring the beer.
I like the TRR, but as my wife points out, they're a bunch of old guys and their wives. I also know folks who like to block the trails with fake break downs when they know a big TRR convoy is coming through. And TRR is not Jeep specific.

Well, does this thread suggest there's enough interest to start a "Tucson area" or "Southern Arizona" JF thread for runs and meets? Or just another mirage in the desert?

Ditto on the wrenching party...

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came." - JFK
DesertSailors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.