Heading up to Sedona/Grand Canyon in a couple of weeks. Suggestions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Heading up to Sedona/Grand Canyon in a couple of weeks. Suggestions?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Jwolfer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Heading up to Sedona/Grand Canyon in a couple of weeks. Suggestions?

Like the title says I'm heading up for a 4 day/5 night trip up to Sedona and the Grand Canyon soon. What are the must see trails? I have only been up there once before and it was many years ago. I have a stock 06 Rubicon if that helps. I remember going up/down a set of rocks referred to as the stairway which I would love to try again. Also, where should we set up camp? Is one campground better than another?

Jwolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Ajkaz
2007 JK Wrangler 

In Sedona you should run soldiers pass and broken arrow. Trails are clearly marked, google them before you go. I'd advise camping in oak creek canyon at the small campgrounds along the creek while in Sedona; you can clearly see them from the road while driving through the canyon. Try and get there early to setup camp then do your running around as the good spots are gone early.
Ajkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Ajkaz
2007 JK Wrangler 

Almost forgot, when your ready to leave Sedona for the grand canyon take schnebly hill rd from Sedona and it will end up on the i17 just south of flagstaff, very easy but breathtaking. Some of the best views of the secret mountain wilderness. Schnebly hill rd is off of a round about that connects to a bridge and goes over the creek. Right next to "the hike house" and "oak creek brewing company"
Ajkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
03azwj
2003 WJ 

Was just up there about a month and a half ago wheeling. Definitely recommend Soldier's pass, Schnebly Hill, Broken Arrow trail (where Devil's staircase is, the stairs you were referring too) make sure you hug the big rock on the right as you begin going down the stairs, and Outlaw trail which has a bunch of turn offs to explore.
3" OME HD springs, Bilstein 5100, JKS adjustable trackbar, Moog SS, IRO UCA'S & LCA'S, 3/4" front and rear spacers, BFG M/T km LT255/75R17, JK Rubicon takeoffs, 8K HIDS Hi's & Lo's. full Rockford Fosgate set-up, blue l.e.d. interior, clumsy driver
03azwj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.