Great day for wheeling in AZ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Great day for wheeling in AZ

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 02-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
joe002
2008 JK Wrangler 

Great day for wheeling in AZ

AEV Pintlers, BFG KM2s 35x12.50x17, Bulldog Fab Stubby Bump, Currie F/R Adj Trac Bars, Daystar Upper Dash, FireStik FireFly antenna, Kilby Rear Shock Skids, LoD Sig Stubby Bump, Midland 75-822 CB, Mopar Filler Door & Locking Gas Cap, Rancho LCA Skids, Rancho Oil Pan Armor, Riddler Diff Covers, custom Rubi Sliders, Sylvania X-treme Headlights, TeraFlex 2.5" Spring Lift, Warn PowerPlant HD, Woods Evap Can Relo, Woods SS Relo, Yukon 5.38s
joe002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
BaddAndy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Come on, only one pic?
Unread 02-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
joe002
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ha, yeah I do have some more - Iíll post them up tomorrow.

That one just turned out to be a nice shot of a trail out here in AZ, with the mountains, blue sky, Jeeps, and thereís water right now.
AEV Pintlers, BFG KM2s 35x12.50x17, Bulldog Fab Stubby Bump, Currie F/R Adj Trac Bars, Daystar Upper Dash, FireStik FireFly antenna, Kilby Rear Shock Skids, LoD Sig Stubby Bump, Midland 75-822 CB, Mopar Filler Door & Locking Gas Cap, Rancho LCA Skids, Rancho Oil Pan Armor, Riddler Diff Covers, custom Rubi Sliders, Sylvania X-treme Headlights, TeraFlex 2.5" Spring Lift, Warn PowerPlant HD, Woods Evap Can Relo, Woods SS Relo, Yukon 5.38s
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #4
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Pretty sweet Joe. Where did you end up going? looks a little like Box Canyon, but I've been wrong before.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
joe002
2008 JK Wrangler 

No on this trip we were in Turkey Creek.

There were a lot of river rocks to cross:

Heading up this fun obstacle:

And getting a little air coming down the other side:

There's not a lot of room for error on this ledge:
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

I really want to do Turkey creek someday.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
joe002
2008 JK Wrangler 

I had been meaning to do it for a while too. It was a fun trail.
Unread 02-28-2013, 03:35 AM   #8
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Where is the turnoff for the turkey creek run? Is it over by bumble bee?

Twitter @dutchoven86
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
joe002
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, it's in the new Wells book.
Unread 03-01-2013, 04:42 AM   #10
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Okay...

Twitter @dutchoven86
Unread 03-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe002 View Post
Yeah, it's in the new Wells book.
Whats the wells book?

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
joe002
2008 JK Wrangler 

Oh, sorry. Charles Wells writes "the" books for offroading in AZ, CO, UT and CA (I don't have any of the CA books yet, but they look good). He personally comes down and runs the trails and does the write-up.

Last summer we went to Moab the first time for us and the others, and we ran 14 of the trails up there with only his book as the guide. We didn't have any problems.

He recently updated the AZ book and included Turkey Creek. If you look at the link, one of the pictures is of Area 3 - and you can see Turkey Creek (Trail 32). He doesnít' show the write up for Turkey Creek, but does for Backway to Crown King. You can see the details and hints he includes, the GPS coordinates, and pictures. He does a good job.

I always get my books directly from him because I like the spiral binding. You can open the book all of the way and fold it back on itself with the spiral binding. I have noticed that on the newer books they come with spiral binding but they now include a cardboard piece to hide the spiral binding. I like to open the book back on itself so I cut off the cardboard piece and it functions properly.

I havenít met him personally, but I have talked with others that have met him and they say heís a great guy. When he goes out to do an area he contacts the locals and asks who wants to do the trails with him so he can get better information on the trail and see the trouble spots for various types of Jeeps. I know some of the people in the pictures in the new AZ book. Unfortunately, I wasnít able to go out when he was down the last time.

Anyway, I wouldnít hesitate to recommend his books to anyone.
Unread 03-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

What he said.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #14
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet! Just ordered it. I've seen it at 4wheelparts before, but I like the idea of the spiral spine

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #15
joe002
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Sweet! Just ordered it. I've seen it at 4wheelparts before, but I like the idea of the spiral spine
Yeah, itís hard for the local stores to stock every option.

Almost every trail is on two opposite pages, so you can open it up, fold it back and keep your place. If you got the new AZ book then it will have that cardboard thing that hides the spiral and you'll have to cut it off the make it fold right - you don't have to cut off the covers, just the side thing. If you don't want to fold it over then it's fine the way it comes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.