Fort Huachuca - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Fort Huachuca

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Fort Huachuca

Any interest in checking out Fort Huachucas offroading?

ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Are you free on any Tuesdays, thursdays or fridays? I'd like to check out the steps, but like I posted on FB, wont be off on Saturdays until May. I can do Sundays after church (Any time after Noon on Sundays). Would also like to do Huchuca Canyon, I haven't been up there at all.

Also, I got a GoPro now, so you wont be the only one taking vids, I can get some of you guys too.
SSRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

I work during the week so I am only available on weekends and federal holidays. Post closes the gates at night to the offroad areas so we cant go there at night.
Unread 04-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have a flexible schedule during the week. I figured it would be too late. Well if you guys go, have fun. I'll be able to go more once school is out. Can't wait. I'd like to go explore the Dragoons and Chiricahuas as well, maybe do some camping this summer.
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #5
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

0900 at the main gate gas station on Saturday.
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

So, how was it?? Sorry I couldn't go!
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

It was awesome, we did three different trails. Everyone made it out ok, minus one driveshaft that tore the boot. Damn JK front driveshafts. Pictures are posted http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/m...9940108&type=1
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I think I have a bent rear axle shaft (D35), and am having a strong vibration only under acceleration. I kinda went airborn out on the gas line trail a few weeks ago. Think it might be in the ring and pinion or spider gears...

Did the driveshaft boot get hung up on a rock? looks like some of those steps could have been pretty steep. Believe it or not, I'm still driving on that same tire I popped the last time we went up to the helo-pads. I'm still interested in those tires if you still have them, but gotta figure out my vibration first.... only takes cubic dollars.

Looks like you had a good crew go this time. I just talked to a guy in Huachuca City with a silver JKU who was supposed to go with you but wasn't able to. He said he is with the Range Riders, but I didn't catch his name, as we were picking up our kids.

Seems like there is a growing number of offroaders in SV, which is good. Can't wait to go on some more trails with you guys.
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #9
SSRx7
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Going to run the steps on Ft Huachuca this Saturday, June 8... Anyone else interested?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.