engine block crack looking to have it welded - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > engine block crack looking to have it welded

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 01-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
RJSoAZ
1996 ZJ 

engine block crack looking to have it welded

I have a 6.5 turbo diesel that suffered a hairline crack due to the previous owner not having antifreeze in it. I'm looking for a shop that is willing to weld it. Does anyone know a place, or have any experience in this? thank you

96 ZJ - 4" Rough Country X Lift, JKS rear TB, JKS Quicker Discos, homebrew front bumper, KOR radiator support, IRO Belly Skid, IRO premium sliders, Upcountry Gas tank skid, 33x12.50R15 Good year Wrangler Duratracs, Cragar V-5 (3.75in BS )
Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/rjs-96-zj-build-1125143/
RJSoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Dan at Desert Dog on west grant welded the engine block in my j10.......

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #3
WJ_dalton
2000 WJ 

Funny fact' im a mecanic and have access to tsbs and factory repair info. Fords registered fixe for that block cracking is jbweld. :P
WJ_dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 03:53 AM   #4
unclewilson2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

drill both ends so crack dosent spread ! pre heat use the right rod!
unclewilson2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.