Crown King Chili Cookoff! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Crown King Chili Cookoff!

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 09-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #16
Ajkaz
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sorry been off a while. They cancelled the rib cook off but the chili cook off is still the 6th around 11am. My chili is the "Sweet *** 4Chile Chili". $15 unlimited draft beer and all the chili you want.

Ajkaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #17
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Looking forward to the October cook off. Senator Highway from Prescott is still closed

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #18
Ajkaz
2007 JK Wrangler 

That makes for a long trip, I've never been down from Prescott. Take bloody basin? Is there not a way in from Mayer or Dewey?
Unread 09-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
Ajkaz
2007 JK Wrangler 

Out of curiosity? Do you know where the "old black canyon highway" goes? It's right next to the Wyndham ....
Unread 09-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #20
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajkaz View Post
Out of curiosity? Do you know where the "old black canyon highway" goes? It's right next to the Wyndham ....
Prescott country club. Dewey
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #21
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Quote:
That makes for a long trip, I've never been down from Prescott. Take bloody basin? Is there not a way in from Mayer or Dewey?
They join up with Senator long before the closure. You've got to go in the main way. (from I-17 & Bloody Baisin)

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
Unread 09-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #22
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Cj

Quote:
You can go in from Mayer, I came in from there to go on the Desot mine trail a few times....

where is it closed on Senator Highway? I live down Senator unless your talking about the first mile coming off of Gurley St. They have detours from the street before and after, or you can get on White spar rd/89S make a left on Haisley rd that will take you to Senator, But maybe there there's something farther up i don't know about
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #23
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

It's in the burn area. It washed out during the monsoon, they fixed it and it washed out again. They closed it for the remain of the rains and promise to reopen after. Call 443-8000 first.

I believe they're starting to pave. That was delayed too by the rains.

You're right about going in from Mayer. I forgot. That's also how we sneak over to Bloody Baisin without doing the 17.

Unread 09-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #24
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Cj

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindKnot View Post
It's in the burn area. It washed out during the monsoon, they fixed it and it washed out again. They closed it for the remain of the rains and promise to reopen after. Call 443-8000 first.

I believe they're starting to pave. That was delayed too by the rains.

You're right about going in from Mayer. I forgot. That's also how we sneak over to Bloody Baisin without doing the 17.
Cool didn't know that, thanks
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #25
babysvt
2014 JK Wrangler 

The husband and I are flying into Tucson that day. Unfortunately, our plane lands at 3PM. Sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck in the cook off.

2014 "Copperhead" Rubicon Unlimited
"Silly Boys Jeeps Are For Girls"
babysvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #26
mike_baggly
2007 JK Wrangler 

One afternoon in the first or second week of August CK got 5" of rain in just over three hours (I believe this was the Senator hwy washout storm). I was up there for archery deer and the roads/trails were GNARLY.
mike_baggly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #27
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

As of 8am Friday, 10/5/2012 per the Forest Service, Senator Highway is still closed to Crown King. From the north, entrance to CK is Bloody Basin/Crown King exit off of I-17 Or from Meyer, which ends up just inland from the exit.

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #28
mike_baggly
2007 JK Wrangler 

hey Ajkaz, I didn't see you up there. Good times were had by all
Unread 10-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #29
Ajkaz
2007 JK Wrangler 

I was up, unfortunately I didn't compete (for the first time in 3 years lol) because I had a crazy work week that week. We took the back way home, left around 9 after a burrito at the prospector. Trying to get a few people to go to Gillette/tiptop this Saturday if your interested...
Unread 10-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #30
mike_baggly
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ahh. I was looking for your chile. I think I tried 30 out of 31 entries
Had a great time on Saturday. Sunday...not so much (insert emoticon for fiery butthole here)

A buddy has a cabin up on Sunnysouth so we just crash up there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.