Coming out to Phoenix area Dec.4-7 where to go wheeling. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Coming out to Phoenix area Dec.4-7 where to go wheeling.

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 11-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Coming out to Phoenix area Dec.4-7 where to go wheeling.

Hey I think i'm going to come out to the Phoenix area. I plan on driving out for the Best in the Desert race in Henderson, NV on December 3rd weekend and will then "hang around" till the Lucas Oil short course race at Firebird raceway the 8-11th. Just wanted to see if anyone has time to go wheeling, I'll want to keep it fairly easy as I have to drive it back home (it's my DD and bone stock).
Cheers,
Mike

DYNOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

So I am for sure coming out for sure. By "fairly easy" i mean i don't want to go boulder bashing as i still have to drive this back to North Carolina. So where is a good place to go primative camp and wheeling/exploring between Vegas & Pheonix and will i need a BLM sticker?
Thanks,
mike
Unread 11-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #3
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

I'll be waiting for someone to respond to this, lol. I just got my Jeep yesterday and am looking into some easy trails. Mines bone stock as well, an 04 WJ.
thatoneguyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
mbybee

Not much activity on this forum for the AZ area. There are some forums that are *much* more active, but the SNR there is pretty bad.
mbybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

I seen on another forum that there is a Wheelers4Warriors Event on the 3rd in Phoenix but i'll be in Henderson,NV for the Best in the Desert race that day or i'd be there. So i guess i'm on my own. Do I need any ORV permit to be off the main roads, I'll be camping with my tent a few of these days also, so is most of the land open unless posted?
Thanks,
Mike
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

I really wanna go on some runs with some other stock or close to stock jeeps :P
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #7
mbybee

Same here - this new one I just picked up is pretty stock, but I've taken these Rubi's pretty interesting places.
mbybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
Russ Chung

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Mike,

To get the complete "Arizona Experience", visit Sedona. Stop by Barlow Jeep Rentals on Hwy 89A and they will give you free trail maps.
http://www.barlowjeeprentals.com
The forecast for this weekend calls for cold weather and the possibility of snow at the higher elevations.
You should plan to buy a "Red Rock Pass"; you can get one at the Ranger Station on Hwy 179 just south of Sedona.
Unread 12-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #9
thatoneguyaz
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbybee View Post
Same here - this new one I just picked up is pretty stock, but I've taken these Rubi's pretty interesting places.
Its amazing where these things will take you stock. Even my WJ has already surprised me.
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #10
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Fuss thank-you I'm in Parker this morning for a meeting so I'll be heading that way in a little while I had checked out Barlows site before I left and may stop by & check'em out.
Unread 12-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #11
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Dyno you are right in an area that has alot of great trails right now, no snow, Sedona this time of year is going to be wet/snow. Parker has some fun trails minutes from your location. many can be done in an easy way or hard. Might be to late here on the post sounds like you have moved on? Im in havasu and can meet in most the areas around here, you in the area? Bullhead has some fine trails too, here as well. Camping is fine on BLM land. I would not leave the camp with out packing it up though, to many people will pilf. Best of luck.
222Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #12
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Doc sorry I had already left and was in route to Phoenix by the time I'd seen hour post. I did camp near you on Monday night, went up a wash a couple of miles and found a nice spot. It was just past the entrance to Cattial Cove SP but on the other side of the highway. Last night stayed out in Tonto NF.
Unread 12-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #13
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

To bad, could have done some wheeling. Yea that road just past cat to parker goes back to Bill wiliams and ends(they closed it at that point and it is signed as closed a refuge for the critters) But the trail down to that point is great only one spot is hardish(3) the other has a by pass, and both have two more hard ways too 3.5? depends on lift, then there is many side roads too. This time of year MANY people come here just to stay out in the BLM areas all winter. Well if you are out this way give a PM we can go to that bar out in parker the back way is easy enough great views and many old mines.

Hope you had some good wheeling.
222Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #14
ATLTempe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just saw this post. We'll be heading out to the Mineral Mountains east of Phoenix on Sunday the 18th. We'll be meeting up at a Chevron station on the north side of Hwy 60 and Idaho at 0900. This area has something for every level of wheeler and there'll be several newbs and a couple of fairly experienced wheelers. Drop a line if you want to come along. It's always good to show a little of Arizona off to folks from out of state!
ATLTempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #15
DYNOGUY
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks all just got back Home. I ran into a little snow on Monday afternoon north of Silver City.
imag0231.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.