Back Road to Crown King 08/09 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Back Road to Crown King 08/09

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-07-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Cool Back Road to Crown King 08/09

Hello Everyone! I am extending an invite to all of you because we are still looking for more to join us on our treck up the back road to Crown King. So Far we have two Jeeps at capacity. (You know who you are.) So if you are in, we highly suggest bringing your own vehicle, lest you eat our dust as you will most certainly be walking (not recommended btw.)

(Also, if you have some friends that have vehicles and would like to join, don't leave them out! Invite them! The more the merrier and all that...)

We will be meeting up on Thursday at the Quick Trip at 83rd Avenue and Union Hills at 08:30. (Hang out, chit chat, wait for others.) At 09:15 we will depart for Castle Hot Springs Road. Once we make it to "The Rock" we will stop for last minute checks and, If you feel the need, Air down. Upon completion of what ultimately is just an excuse to BS and have fun at others expenses, we will start our climb up the hill.

EASY DAY.

Suggested Items to bring:
1.) A VEHICLE: Preferably a high clearance truck or SUV of some kind with 4 wheel drive. Although if you want to try driving your Honda Civic up there, we wont stop you. Could be fun...

2.) PROPER EQUIPMENT: Tow straps, Misc. Tools, Duct Tape, etc. for your vehicle. I will be bringing the aformentioned supplies, but as is always true on the trail, cover your own assets.

3.) WATER. WATER. WATER: In case you have never been in a desert before, its hot. And water is scarce. Dont be the butthead who has to be Med Evac'ed off of the mountain because you thought you had the physiology of a camel. You dont.

4.) SUN BLOCK: As mentioned before, It's a desert. Desert = Lots of sun.

5.) GARBAGE BAGS: Every Run should be a clean up run. A good time is the name of the game, however when it comes to keeping the trails clean, we are particularly anal. Throw your garbage in these bags and dispose of the bags when we get into town. If we are stopped and you are taking a leak and you see some trash, pick it up and throw it in a bag. Lets be good samaritans and do our part to keep the trails open.

6.) OTHER: Bring whatever else you need to keep your vehicle and its passengers running, ie. fluids for your vehicle, snacks, beverages, sun glasses, hat of some sort, Bubble wrap etc...

The plan for this trip is to take our time and really enjoy ourselves. There is a lot to see out there, and we want everyone to have a good time. If you want to stop and take pictures or take a leak or run around naked, go ahead. The rest of the group will stop and wait for you to get whatever it is you need to do out of your system. I expect AT LEAST a 4 - 5 hour ride up to Crown King.

Once in town, we will drop into the Saloon and bury our faces into burgers and fries and sit around and shoot the bull a bit. from there we will be taking the main road out to the I-17 and back to wherever the heck you came from, or wherever you would like to go from there. Personally, I will be headed home.

If you have any questions at all, PM me. I am online frequently and will get back to you in short order.

SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 03:34 AM   #2
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Some pics from the last couple trips to Crown King:

Hoping to capture a lot more this time too.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Unread 08-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks sweet man. I need to get out of communist maryland.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

cancelled.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
ferninaz
2012 JK Wrangler 

I would be more willing to make the trip if it was a saturday or sunday. If you plan something like lets say next weekend I would for sure drive up for that.
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
ecaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Some pics from the last couple trips to Crown King:

Hoping to capture a lot more this time too.
Did the stock looking red Jeep make it through that section?!!!

Sorry about the trip getting cancelled.

Stays crunchy ......even in milk
ecaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Damn I miss that town. Maybe when I'm back out west I'll make that run again.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
Outnumbered
1985 CJ7 

When were those pictures taken? Last time I was up there was about a year ago and the road had been graded and was no where near that bad. Has it got that tore up again? Thanks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.