B4W run 3-11-13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > B4W run 3-11-13

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 02-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

B4W run 3-11-13

RUN: March 11, Mon. Razzle Dazzle is the name of this famous trail. Meet at Silver Creek and the Parkway at 9:00 leave at 9:30 a.m. This is a fun-for-all run – both old and new members. We will travel about 20 miles of desert trails encountering a few gnarly places. There will be lots of obstacles and lots of go-arounds. Bring lunch There will be great views – don’t miss this one. If all goes well, it will be about a six hour run.

TRIP LEADERS: Doug McKay will lead with Gavin Van Hook in the middle and Joe Caldwell tail-gunner. Those wanting to tackle the obstacles will be in front with Doug McKay.

Those wanting to avoid certain challenges will be behind Gavin and in front of Joe.

RATED: 3+

GUESTS WELCOME!

Unread 03-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Great RUN. Looked like about 25 Jeeps. Trail was much easier than I had thought, though we did have a few issues and one major malfuction. at the start one Jeep had to turn back with Carb issues. We had one Jeep slip off into the V notch that is called the "oilchange". Some minor body damage. The big one was and I have to say this one i did not expect. One of our members has a Very nice Tj Currie one tons front/ back Both are 9" ford with High pinion front and back as well. All he did was turn around? and the long tube seperated from the center section, very poor welding on Curries part. they were both rather new to. You can see where they welded the long tube to the center it only penitrated maybe 1/4 of the full weld circle. Pulled completly apart too. Bent the axle and I am sure the damage may well be more inside. That is very poor quality on what I would have though was a top company. the guy was doing like 2mph we all run slow in low. I bet that front end was 8k too.

All in a Great day with a great bunch of people at B4W.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.