Audio Express in Phoenix (just an FYI) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Audio Express in Phoenix (just an FYI)

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 12-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Audio Express in Phoenix (just an FYI)

I'm rummaging through pictures of my Jeep on my laptop, and I came across these photos that reminded me of something. I figured while it's in my head, I'd go ahead post this up.

If you for any reason, feel compelled to visit the home of the $1 wire fire to have your deck installed, you might want to remove your center dash piece first if you have a YJ.

They broke that piece installing my old deck (not the one pictured, that is a new deck I installed myself) and they claimed it was already like that when I asked them what happened. It rattles a lot, and even taping it together doesn't fix that. It's annoying as all hell when I'm driving.

So if little things like that bug you, and you ever go to audio express... just thought I'd give you a heads up on what to expect if you've never been there.

EDIT: The wiring was also a cluster **** and it wasn't done right either, which created a short and caused the screen to not work. The one pictured, I installed with the help of my dad... who did a way better job than the "professionals" at audio express.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Cool
Unread 12-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericksin View Post
Cool
Let me finish that for you!

"story bro!"

Still not enough power.
Unread 12-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Unread 12-30-2011, 04:40 AM   #5
Msokol13

Let me start off by saying I am shocked that some punk making $9 an hour broke your dash and did a ****ty wiring job an I am shocked.....

LOL

Sorry to hear about it. Am I surprised...nope
Msokol13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Kind of like going to a fast food joint and expecting Chef Emeril Lagasse to cook your burger?
222Doc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 12:45 AM   #7
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I demand a full refund for this., a year after it happened. I also want them to repair all the other interior damage... like rust, some dents, and a couple spots where the floorboard tore open.

Oh, wait...

Still not enough power.
Unread 01-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #8
DesertDweller
1984 CJ7 

Just came across this. Sorry for your experience, but thanks for sharing. I was on the fence about letting them put a stereo in my CJ. Well, now I know what side of the fence I'm on. Thanks.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #9
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You... are welcome!

The whole reason why I figured I'd post this up is for anybody who may not know. Which there are some people who aren't aware... I didn't know before I went there, then after I got it installed I heard the barrage of "Haha dude, you got it installed where? There's a reason they're called the home of the $1 wire fire!"

Still not enough power.
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #10
cjdogtoy
1976 CJ5 

I have used sun valley stereo since 2003, no complaints, great work and service, and they do some of the nicest custom work I've ever seen. I found them while turning wrench's at a shop down the road from them.
Unread 02-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Little things like that, I just install myself.

Its a PITA, but better I do it someone else.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.