Attention AZ Jeepers: Anybody want to do a Florence meet Sunday the 26th?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Attention AZ Jeepers: Anybody want to do a Florence meet Sunday the 26th??

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-21-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Attention AZ Jeepers: Anybody want to do a Florence meet Sunday the 26th??

Ok, so I'm tired of having to resort to weak and overpopulated trails on account of not having anybody to do the tough trails with on the weekends. My jeep is trail ready and is certainly capable so I'm ready to possibly hit Florence Junction this weekend.

Florence has several trails that range from Easy to Moderate to Difficult and is set-up well for jeeps with bypasses if needed for anybody who is not set-up for the big stuff, and I'll tell you that I'm not going to be going all-out myself, I'm still getting in touch with my rig with my recent upgrades so I will be using a couple bypasses myself, so anybody with a mild lift will be ok.

Florence is about 20 miles east of Mesa off of Hwy 60, about 35 miles east of phoenix, its easy to get to and not to far out of the way. I'd like to get a group together to go out and have some fun, there is alot to see out there including old mines, the coke ovens, light water crossings, and some great terrain for off-roading. I have all the recovery gear including a winch so we will be perpared for anything.

I'm hoping we can get atleast a group of 3 Jeeps including mine together for this Sunday, April 26th. Send me an email at Will.Hurst@vzw.blackberry.net and let me know!

NOTE: Beyond the date listed lets use this thread as a spot to plan future get togethers.

Dana 44 Rear, 3.73 Gears, 4" ProComp Lift w/ Daystar 1 3/4" Spacer in front, Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects, 33"x12.50" Pro Comp Xtreme M/T, R.C. Adj. Front Track Bar, RR 1/4" CA Mounts, Front Aussie Locker, Front/Rear Riddlers, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, Rokmen Power Steering Skid, Rusty's Radiator Skid, Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper, Rokmen Mercenary Rocker Guards, Warn Engine/Oil Pan Skid, Tuff Designs Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper, Warn M8000 Winch, IPF H4 Headlight conversion w/ IPF Fatboy X55 bulbs
[U]Waiting to be installed:[/U]
*Rusty's Steering Box Support Brace
willhbauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

OK, if not Florence, then possibly Bulldog Canyon out on Bush Hwy. near Saguaro, I'll have to get a permit and combination for the gate lock, but its free and I can get it. In the "AZ backroads and 4 wheel drive trails" book, it rates it as a moderate trail, it says lightly modified stock vehicles should be fine, but there are some difficult sections that require some good driving and axle articulation, so sway bar disconnection will be necessary I'm thinking. Let me know!
Dana 44 Rear, 3.73 Gears, 4" ProComp Lift w/ Daystar 1 3/4" Spacer in front, Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects, 33"x12.50" Pro Comp Xtreme M/T, R.C. Adj. Front Track Bar, RR 1/4" CA Mounts, Front Aussie Locker, Front/Rear Riddlers, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, Rokmen Power Steering Skid, Rusty's Radiator Skid, Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper, Rokmen Mercenary Rocker Guards, Warn Engine/Oil Pan Skid, Tuff Designs Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper, Warn M8000 Winch, IPF H4 Headlight conversion w/ IPF Fatboy X55 bulbs
Unread 04-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone, Anyone? OK, looks like sunday is the 27th, my bad!
Unread 04-25-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
Prouzy
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I was gonna chime in on maybe making the drive down there, but I'm glad I didn't as I am now going up to Bartlett to go wakeboarding on Sun....
[COLOR="Red"][B]RJC #449[/B][/COLOR]
Prouzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
thekid89
1994 ZJ 

im like 30 minutes from florence but i drive the old florence highway which is a backroad all on its own to florence, and im down to go out wheeling, but me and my friend( he has a tacoma) are the only people in this mining town with rigs capable of anthing and im not afraid to brake something haha but were the only people who try to get together to go out all the time.
jeep.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.