Arizona Question: Arlington to Hyder? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Arizona Question: Arlington to Hyder?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
CraigAllen
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Arizona Question: Arlington to Hyder?

I'm in Oregon but planning another Arizona trip in the future. I don't know much about the area between Arlington and Hyder (generally following the route of the railroad tracks). Anybody local down there have any info for me? Is it possible to drive between those points in a fairly stock XJ without trespassing? Is that BLM land or private property down there?

Specifically, I'm interested in finding the exact bridge that Amtrak's Sunset Limited was derailed at back in 1995. Using Google Earth, I've narrowed it down to three possibilities, but, other than driving on the railroad's trackside access road, it does not appear to be accessible by vehicle. (Which, I suppose, was one reason the saboteurs chose that location.)

PM me if you have any info!

Anyone want to come along as tour guide (rather not wheel alone) would be welcome as well.

Thanks,
Craig

96XJ Sport 4.0 Auto CommandTrac, Chrys. 8.25, 1-3/4" BB, WARN HS9500 winch, WARN Body Armor front & rear bumpers, tire carrier, rock sliders and transfer case skid plate. 30x9.5 BFG Mud-Terrain T/A's. As of March 10, 2011, there are 205K miles on the clock and she's still good and strong!
CraigAllen is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.