Arizona ? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 214 Old 09-19-2010, 03:38 PM
248107
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Glendale,Arizona
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDePietro View Post
Hey you guys!!!

I am without a doubt moving to AZ. I am shooting for a June/July 2011 arrival. All things indicate that I will be working in Scottsdale. I am of the meager budget variety so where around there is ok and where should I avoid. I have been told South Phoenix is a war zone to stay away. I have found some places in North Central Phoenix and up by New River that look perfect.

What are your suggestions?
North Glendale is cool.Stay north of Cactus on the west side of 1-17.East of 1-17 stay North of Thunderbird.New River is nice but pricey and not many routes in or out during rush hour.83rd Ave is as far west as I would go for commuting.

248107 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 214 Old 09-20-2010, 12:37 AM
SunDevilJeeper
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Posts: 3,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDePietro View Post
Hey you guys!!!

I am without a doubt moving to AZ. I am shooting for a June/July 2011 arrival. All things indicate that I will be working in Scottsdale. I am of the meager budget variety so where around there is ok and where should I avoid. I have been told South Phoenix is a war zone to stay away. I have found some places in North Central Phoenix and up by New River that look perfect.

What are your suggestions?
yeah south phoenix and maryvale literally is a war zone. all my guys on the phoenix pd tell me a lot about what goes on there. i don't drive through there unless i have my 1911 and my AR-15 with me because of what they have told me.

anywhere else is ok, phoenix ain't that great. personally i would choose to live in tempe or scottsdale. basically east or west valley, north valley is pretty decent as well.

just stay clear of central phoenix, it seems the further from central you get the better off you are.

1991 YJ: Daily Driver
1992 YJ: Pile of crap sitting in the garage.
SunDevilJeeper is offline  
post #123 of 214 Old 09-20-2010, 05:29 AM
Billy
Web Wheeler
 
Billy's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Surprise
Posts: 1,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by saginawzj View Post
hey guys just moved to Mesa. near alma and main. waiting for the lift to get here next week then probably gonna need to wheel. if anyone in the area is down let me know
hey brotha welcome to the valley. the city isn't that great imo, but the trails are worth living here. im over in Glendale near 67th ave and Thunderbird. let me know when your headed out and ill join you.

again, welcome!

Everyone IS out to get you, if you just believe in yourself and try hard enough!
Billy is offline  
 
post #124 of 214 Old 09-20-2010, 12:12 PM
bldeagle10
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Peoria
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDePietro View Post
I checked out Peoria and it looks nice. I may ask for some assistance in the near future when I know a for sure date.
what kind of help do you need?
bldeagle10 is offline  
post #125 of 214 Old 09-20-2010, 12:30 PM
TravisDTD
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 210
I have lived in the city for over 10 years now, I've lived in Tempe, South Scottsdale, North Phoenix and now Glendale.

If I could sell my house now I'd look for a place in North Phoenix or somewhere near cave creek. North Phoenix, (North of Union hills) would be convenient for commuting to Scottsdale and there are some pretty nice affordable places out there.

Fish on!

My Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TravisDTD is offline  
post #126 of 214 Old 09-20-2010, 12:59 PM
bldeagle10
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Peoria
Posts: 786
its easy to find nice neighborhoods. its just a matter of how long will it stay that way? my buddy lives out at 163rd and bell. its in old people town, sun city or suprise, can never remember the difference. but it looks like a really nice neighborhood. but if you stay up late, all the crack heads come out. there are alot of drug houses over there.

i really like the north west valley. ive lived here most of my life and its relatively quiet.
bldeagle10 is offline  
post #127 of 214 Old 09-20-2010, 01:49 PM
TravisDTD
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
its easy to find nice neighborhoods. its just a matter of how long will it stay that way? my buddy lives out at 163rd and bell. its in old people town, sun city or suprise, can never remember the difference. but it looks like a really nice neighborhood. but if you stay up late, all the crack heads come out. there are alot of drug houses over there.

i really like the north west valley. ive lived here most of my life and its relatively quiet.
Yep, houses way out west used to be all retired folks but when the house market crashed they got so cheap that just about anyone could buy them. Just about anyone includes some pretty low income levels and some of the areas out there have dropped quite a bit in class.

Fish on!

My Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TravisDTD is offline  
post #128 of 214 Old 09-24-2010, 11:36 AM
JDePietro
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berks County PA
Posts: 289
Hey guys thanks for resurecting this topic.

I'm mostly looking for help on finding a nice neighbor hood. I wish I had enough money to take a trip out there and see for myself where I would like to live, problem is I am trying to save all I can to move with. I know it sounds really stupid but if you don't live Near Philthadelphia its hard to explain. I am sick and tired of the East Coast and all of the stupid people that inhabit it. I doubt AZ is paradise but I have a good lead on a job and so does my Fiancee.

Cactus Trail Apartments so far looks perfect.
Its at 2403 W Lone Cactus DR. North Pheonix.

Summit looks really nice. Its at 12830 North Paradise Village Parkway in upper Scottsdale.

From what I gather that seems like a nice area.

Man's got to know his limits.
JDePietro is offline  
post #129 of 214 Old 09-24-2010, 11:44 AM
EBT531
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Phx
Posts: 222
See if Trillium has anything near where you wantto be and within price. My friend lives in the one near I17 and Pinacle peak and they are nice. No issues with theft etc and they are only a couple years old

Phoenix Apartments - Trillium Residential

1998 5.9ZJ, 231 TC w/SYE, IRO 4.5" Lift, IRO Adjustable CA's, Bilstien shocks, IRO Sliders, MVC Truss Rear, High Angle Driveline Front and rear shafts, 4.56 gears
EBT531 is offline  
post #130 of 214 Old 09-24-2010, 02:22 PM
bldeagle10
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Peoria
Posts: 786
trillium is nice. i used to live in camden sierra and they are pretty nice. my sister lives in apartments at 83rd and oraibi between beardsley and union hills. not sure what they are called but they are nice except for the construction they have going on right now... there are some nice condo/apartment looking houses at 107th ave and happy valley. its a bit north west but i live up here and i know they are nice. again. not sure of the name. i could look it up.

1999 XJ Cherokee SE 4.0 330k miles, DD, 2" spacers Chili Pepper Red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS: 2000 XJ 4.0 ECU pm for details!
Build Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by egodfrey View Post
my diffs and unibody rails have more scrapes then an emo-girls arm
bldeagle10 is offline  
post #131 of 214 Old 09-25-2010, 04:21 AM
Billy
Web Wheeler
 
Billy's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Surprise
Posts: 1,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDePietro View Post
Hey guys thanks for resurecting this topic.

I'm mostly looking for help on finding a nice neighbor hood. I wish I had enough money to take a trip out there and see for myself where I would like to live, problem is I am trying to save all I can to move with. I know it sounds really stupid but if you don't live Near Philthadelphia its hard to explain. I am sick and tired of the East Coast and all of the stupid people that inhabit it. I doubt AZ is paradise but I have a good lead on a job and so does my Fiancee.

Cactus Trail Apartments so far looks perfect.
Its at 2403 W Lone Cactus DR. North Pheonix.

Summit looks really nice. Its at 12830 North Paradise Village Parkway in upper Scottsdale.

From what I gather that seems like a nice area.
i know where that is. great pick.

Everyone IS out to get you, if you just believe in yourself and try hard enough!
Billy is offline  
post #132 of 214 Old 09-25-2010, 02:49 PM
JDePietro
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berks County PA
Posts: 289
I got some info from Cactus Trail and I dig. $499/mo 2 months free with a 12mo lease. They pay everything except electric. I can't wait to hear back fromt them they are checking to see what they have I asked for a 2br but they have a few different floor plans for that price.

Cannot Wait!

Man's got to know his limits.
JDePietro is offline  
post #133 of 214 Old 09-25-2010, 04:48 PM
BigE3
Registered User
1993 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tombstone,Az
Posts: 1,014
Cochise

I like my Jeep, just like my women. 'Loose and Flexible'
BigE3 is offline  
post #134 of 214 Old 09-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Billy
Web Wheeler
 
Billy's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Surprise
Posts: 1,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDePietro View Post
I got some info from Cactus Trail and I dig. $499/mo 2 months free with a 12mo lease. They pay everything except electric. I can't wait to hear back fromt them they are checking to see what they have I asked for a 2br but they have a few different floor plans for that price.

Cannot Wait!
seriously brotha, anything in the north valley you cant go wrong. and the fact that you found something that cheap in that area, makes you a lucky guy. i know what you were sayin about Philadelphia. and the entire east coast for that matter. my family lives in Boston. i like visiting, but i just couldnt imagine living there. just a different frame of mind i guess. and for the record, the I-95 is a nightmare...just sayin. not a fan haha.

back on topic. cant wait for you to make it out here. its always a good thing to hear about someone who is making a positive change. good for you.

Everyone IS out to get you, if you just believe in yourself and try hard enough!
Billy is offline  
post #135 of 214 Old 09-25-2010, 05:17 PM
248107
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Glendale,Arizona
Posts: 1,563
The Lone Cactus one is close to the freeway.The noise would suck.There's some ones farther in on 55th ave and Crocus and 51st ave and crocus.If you google the area on Lone Cactus and the ones i mentioned there's a big difference.Also 59th ave and greenway is a good location.If you want the names I can get them for you.
Mike
248107 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
~ Oatman Arizona ~ RikRotorhead Arizona Jeep Forum 3 02-27-2010 09:45 PM
Arizona Jeepers! WJ Freak Arizona Jeep Forum 3 05-21-2008 10:56 PM
J33P + Arizona = ????? J33Pyj South Central USA 2 02-22-2008 08:50 PM
Arizona Jeepers WJ Freak Arizona Jeep Forum 6 11-29-2007 03:07 PM
Central Arizona? Scottsdale Jack Arizona Jeep Forum 4 11-14-2007 02:12 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome