Arizona ? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Arizona ?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #121
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDePietro View Post
Hey you guys!!!

I am without a doubt moving to AZ. I am shooting for a June/July 2011 arrival. All things indicate that I will be working in Scottsdale. I am of the meager budget variety so where around there is ok and where should I avoid. I have been told South Phoenix is a war zone to stay away. I have found some places in North Central Phoenix and up by New River that look perfect.

What are your suggestions?
North Glendale is cool.Stay north of Cactus on the west side of 1-17.East of 1-17 stay North of Thunderbird.New River is nice but pricey and not many routes in or out during rush hour.83rd Ave is as far west as I would go for commuting.

dslywalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 01:37 AM   #122
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey you guys!!!

I am without a doubt moving to AZ. I am shooting for a June/July 2011 arrival. All things indicate that I will be working in Scottsdale. I am of the meager budget variety so where around there is ok and where should I avoid. I have been told South Phoenix is a war zone to stay away. I have found some places in North Central Phoenix and up by New River that look perfect.

What are your suggestions?
yeah south phoenix and maryvale literally is a war zone. all my guys on the phoenix pd tell me a lot about what goes on there. i don't drive through there unless i have my 1911 and my AR-15 with me because of what they have told me.

anywhere else is ok, phoenix ain't that great. personally i would choose to live in tempe or scottsdale. basically east or west valley, north valley is pretty decent as well.

just stay clear of central phoenix, it seems the further from central you get the better off you are.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #123
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saginawzj View Post
hey guys just moved to Mesa. near alma and main. waiting for the lift to get here next week then probably gonna need to wheel. if anyone in the area is down let me know
hey brotha welcome to the valley. the city isn't that great imo, but the trails are worth living here. im over in Glendale near 67th ave and Thunderbird. let me know when your headed out and ill join you.

again, welcome!

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #124
bldeagle10
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I checked out Peoria and it looks nice. I may ask for some assistance in the near future when I know a for sure date.
what kind of help do you need?
bldeagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #125
TravisDTD
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I have lived in the city for over 10 years now, I've lived in Tempe, South Scottsdale, North Phoenix and now Glendale.

If I could sell my house now I'd look for a place in North Phoenix or somewhere near cave creek. North Phoenix, (North of Union hills) would be convenient for commuting to Scottsdale and there are some pretty nice affordable places out there.

My Build: Bigger and Bolder LJ
TravisDTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #126
bldeagle10
1999 XJ Cherokee 

its easy to find nice neighborhoods. its just a matter of how long will it stay that way? my buddy lives out at 163rd and bell. its in old people town, sun city or suprise, can never remember the difference. but it looks like a really nice neighborhood. but if you stay up late, all the crack heads come out. there are alot of drug houses over there.

i really like the north west valley. ive lived here most of my life and its relatively quiet.
Unread 09-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #127
TravisDTD
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
its easy to find nice neighborhoods. its just a matter of how long will it stay that way? my buddy lives out at 163rd and bell. its in old people town, sun city or suprise, can never remember the difference. but it looks like a really nice neighborhood. but if you stay up late, all the crack heads come out. there are alot of drug houses over there.

i really like the north west valley. ive lived here most of my life and its relatively quiet.
Yep, houses way out west used to be all retired folks but when the house market crashed they got so cheap that just about anyone could buy them. Just about anyone includes some pretty low income levels and some of the areas out there have dropped quite a bit in class.

My Build: Bigger and Bolder LJ
TravisDTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #128
JDePietro
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hey guys thanks for resurecting this topic.

I'm mostly looking for help on finding a nice neighbor hood. I wish I had enough money to take a trip out there and see for myself where I would like to live, problem is I am trying to save all I can to move with. I know it sounds really stupid but if you don't live Near Philthadelphia its hard to explain. I am sick and tired of the East Coast and all of the stupid people that inhabit it. I doubt AZ is paradise but I have a good lead on a job and so does my Fiancee.

Cactus Trail Apartments so far looks perfect.
Its at 2403 W Lone Cactus DR. North Pheonix.

Summit looks really nice. Its at 12830 North Paradise Village Parkway in upper Scottsdale.

From what I gather that seems like a nice area.
Unread 09-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #129
EBT531
1998 ZJ 

See if Trillium has anything near where you wantto be and within price. My friend lives in the one near I17 and Pinacle peak and they are nice. No issues with theft etc and they are only a couple years old

Phoenix Apartments - Trillium Residential
Unread 09-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #130
bldeagle10
1999 XJ Cherokee 

trillium is nice. i used to live in camden sierra and they are pretty nice. my sister lives in apartments at 83rd and oraibi between beardsley and union hills. not sure what they are called but they are nice except for the construction they have going on right now... there are some nice condo/apartment looking houses at 107th ave and happy valley. its a bit north west but i live up here and i know they are nice. again. not sure of the name. i could look it up.
Build Thread:
[url]http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/66115-Project-Brooke-1999-XJ?referrerid=17111[/url]

[quote=egodfrey;12318468]my diffs and unibody rails have more scrapes then an emo-girls arm[/quote]
Unread 09-25-2010, 05:21 AM   #131
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey guys thanks for resurecting this topic.

I'm mostly looking for help on finding a nice neighbor hood. I wish I had enough money to take a trip out there and see for myself where I would like to live, problem is I am trying to save all I can to move with. I know it sounds really stupid but if you don't live Near Philthadelphia its hard to explain. I am sick and tired of the East Coast and all of the stupid people that inhabit it. I doubt AZ is paradise but I have a good lead on a job and so does my Fiancee.

Cactus Trail Apartments so far looks perfect.
Its at 2403 W Lone Cactus DR. North Pheonix.

Summit looks really nice. Its at 12830 North Paradise Village Parkway in upper Scottsdale.

From what I gather that seems like a nice area.
i know where that is. great pick.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Unread 09-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #132
JDePietro
2010 JK Wrangler 

I got some info from Cactus Trail and I dig. $499/mo 2 months free with a 12mo lease. They pay everything except electric. I can't wait to hear back fromt them they are checking to see what they have I asked for a 2br but they have a few different floor plans for that price.

Cannot Wait!
Unread 09-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #133
BigE3
1993 ZJ 

Cochise
Unread 09-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #134
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I got some info from Cactus Trail and I dig. $499/mo 2 months free with a 12mo lease. They pay everything except electric. I can't wait to hear back fromt them they are checking to see what they have I asked for a 2br but they have a few different floor plans for that price.

Cannot Wait!
seriously brotha, anything in the north valley you cant go wrong. and the fact that you found something that cheap in that area, makes you a lucky guy. i know what you were sayin about Philadelphia. and the entire east coast for that matter. my family lives in Boston. i like visiting, but i just couldnt imagine living there. just a different frame of mind i guess. and for the record, the I-95 is a nightmare...just sayin. not a fan haha.

back on topic. cant wait for you to make it out here. its always a good thing to hear about someone who is making a positive change. good for you.

Twitter @dutchoven86
Unread 09-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #135
dslywalker
1983 CJ7 

The Lone Cactus one is close to the freeway.The noise would suck.There's some ones farther in on 55th ave and Crocus and 51st ave and crocus.If you google the area on Lone Cactus and the ones i mentioned there's a big difference.Also 59th ave and greenway is a good location.If you want the names I can get them for you.
Mike
dslywalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.