Arizona ? - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Arizona ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #136
srt4az
1994 ZJ 

I was born and raised in Phoenix for 22 years! Right now I am at 7th st and Thunderbird, a pretty central location in north phoenix at a large intersection at the base of the mountains. If you are going to be working in Scottsdale I would suggest NOT living on the Avenue side of town for driving times sake during rush hours. I would suggest anything North of Thunderbird and East of the I-17. South of downtown and South Phoenix west of central is a pretty rough area, and other than the westgate football stadium region, the west side of town can appear a little run down, unless you go waaay west but then driving sucks.

If you are going the apartment route for now, there are tons of places in Scottsdale and just north of the 101 loop, and I know the market is pretty competitive right now so most places will throw in a free month or pro-rate it over the year for you. Good luck!

srt4az is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #137
-Zona-

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4az View Post
I was born and raised in Phoenix for 22 years! Right now I am at 7th st and Thunderbird, a pretty central location in north phoenix at a large intersection at the base of the mountains. If you are going to be working in Scottsdale I would suggest NOT living on the Avenue side of town for driving times sake during rush hours. I would suggest anything North of Thunderbird and East of the I-17. South of downtown and South Phoenix west of central is a pretty rough area, and other than the westgate football stadium region, the west side of town can appear a little run down, unless you go waaay west but then driving sucks.

If you are going the apartment route for now, there are tons of places in Scottsdale and just north of the 101 loop, and I know the market is pretty competitive right now so most places will throw in a free month or pro-rate it over the year for you. Good luck!

Near Luke AFB isn't bad in the Litchfield area, but you have to deal with the sound of freedom all day. I don't think Buckeye would really be in his price range and the commute would be hell.
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #138
85_cj7jeep

i am in tucson. i am going to pinal on sunday to take the jeep and my quad.
85_cj7jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2010, 01:27 AM   #139
bldeagle10
1999 XJ Cherokee 

spent the weekend up on the mogollon rim driving around some of the back roads and thought it would be pretty cool to get a bunch of jeep people i havent met together and drive the rim road and or possibly drive up and down some of the back roads ive found. its getting to that time of year where the weather is turning south up there so it would take place in the spring. i want to get alot of people to go, what do you guys think? think we could get a good amount of people to go?

if it goes over well it could be an annual deal. my cherokee is stock as of now so its all easy roads. but there are some technical spots in the back roads that a stock jeep can make it through.

i have quite a few ideas, just wanted to pitch the main one out there and see what the response is like. im coming out of a rough spot in my life and im ready to get out and meet new people!

this has also been posted in the xj non-technical section, cityprofile.com under the arizona section. and on expeditionportal.com
Build Thread:
[url]http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/66115-Project-Brooke-1999-XJ?referrerid=17111[/url]

[quote=egodfrey;12318468]my diffs and unibody rails have more scrapes then an emo-girls arm[/quote]
bldeagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #140
asa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys! just moved down to phoenix last nov, brought my tj down a couple of months ago. lookin to meet up with some guys and do some light wheelin.
SYE,Rough Country 4" X series lift, Currie HD Steering, Solid Diff Covers,Rough Country Steering Stabilizer, Poison Spider Steering Box Skid, Skid Row oilpan skid, Brown Dog 1 Inch Motor Mount Lift, JKS 1.25 Body Lift, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Currie HD Tie Rod, Optima Red Top Battery, Garmin Nuvi 200W GPS
NJM#48
asa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #141
bldeagle10
1999 XJ Cherokee 

refer to my last post
Build Thread:
[url]http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/66115-Project-Brooke-1999-XJ?referrerid=17111[/url]

[quote=egodfrey;12318468]my diffs and unibody rails have more scrapes then an emo-girls arm[/quote]
Unread 11-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #142
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone going to the Parker Splash? This weekend in beautiful Parker Arizona, 11-11/14. Fun will be had by all.
Yellow Jeep Club Member [FONT="Century Gothic"]#196[/FONT]
polo196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #143
bldeagle10
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i only go to parker for the parker 425 not even sure what the parker splash is.
Build Thread:

Unread 11-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #144
TravisDTD
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I wanted to go to this one but I've got some other obligations I have a few friends headed out there for this and they said its a blast.

My Build: Bigger and Bolder LJ
TravisDTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #145
tucsonaz86cj7
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jquise2423 View Post
I'm in Tucson.
Im in Tucson. Lets do Redington.
tucsonaz86cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #146
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
i only go to parker for the parker 425 not even sure what the parker splash is.
The Parker Splash is a weekend of unadulterated Jeeping. Approximately 300-400 Jeeps show up. They have 10 different trails and rides on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Trail to Hardcore. Saturday night is a catered dinner with a raffle afterwards. They handout some expensive stuff, Genright was there last year and gave out flatfenders, rear corners and tub guards. Winches, Tires, gift certificates etc... I had a great time and they have some awesome runs. This year their raffeling a turbo 350 transmission. I know, cause I procured it for them.
Unread 11-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #147
jquise2423

When is the Parker Splash? Do you have a web site for it?
jquise2423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #148
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

google parker 4 wheelers or desert splash 2010. Its this weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Nov 11/14th. The camping and meeting area is right on the Colorado River.
Unread 11-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #149
jquise2423

Ah oh well going to the Phoenix race this weekend. Maybe next year.
jquise2423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2010, 05:31 AM   #150
Jared572
1991 XJ Cherokee 

New Jeep'r here I'm up on Carefree and I-17. bought me a project off CL and workin on getting it road worthy before doing major stuff....just thought I would drop in and say

BTW if anyone has any parts for sale let me know. I'm currently looking for seats and will be needing a blower motor.
Jared572 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.