anyone in yuma - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > anyone in yuma

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 11-05-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
danthman
1987 YJ Wrangler 

anyone in yuma

now that winter is apon us, whos up for a jeep run? there are a few different loops we can do.
in the morning everyone to meet at the chevron on 7 and 95. that would be the start.
starting there drive past mittry lake and head into the desert on the west side of YPG up to martinez lake. here you can hit 95 back to yuma or continue on to red cloud mine road all the way to the old town of cibola which is occupied by squatters. so its not a good idea to go there. instead stop and check out the old grave yard then head back or continue to cibola lake road to 95.

or same meeting place, but travel up 95 to castledome. this will be an allnighter maybe 2 depending on how fast everyone is. last time i did this it was around 300 miles so extra gas is a must.
from castledome mines north through mcphearson pass. then to kofa mine/graveyard. after that wind through washes and canyons with cool rock formations through the desert to either hoodoo cabin or wilbanks cabin for camp. in the morining north through the desert to a road that comes out 8 or 9 miles south of quartzite. stop at quartzite to top off then you can either head south on 95 to yuma or go to cibola lake road and come in through the back way of ypg on red cloud mine road...
or little day trips here and there...

Unread 11-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Curly5759
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just saying hi, I don't live in Yuma anymore. Been on all those trails you mentioned, always enjoyed the Kofa mtn area. Have you been out to Big Eye mine or Indian pass road? Easy, fun and close to town.

Curly
Unread 11-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
danthman
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly5759 View Post
Just saying hi, I don't live in Yuma anymore. Been on all those trails you mentioned, always enjoyed the Kofa mtn area. Have you been out to Big Eye mine or Indian pass road? Easy, fun and close to town.

Curly
never been to either one. i generally put around the foothills and laguna mountains or the trails to lagurta station. i have done el camino del diablo before. wont do it again tho'. illegals snuck into our camp and cleaned out my buddies ice chest. only left him with ice. took his food/water and beer.. he woke up when they closed the lid.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.