Any one From AZ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > Any one From AZ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-23-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Any one From AZ?

I'm movin to arizona for the summer to continue my education...i was wandering were the best trails are and that are friendly to a stock jeep?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/y...92-yj-1766433/
ruff88xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 11:47 PM   #2
R. Potts
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm up in Prescott, which is about 90 miles north of Phoenix. What part of AZ you coming to? I know there a couple clubs up here and TONS of trails.
Unread 03-23-2008, 11:53 PM   #3
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Avondale area i beleive is a suburb of phoenix that wear i'll be
Unread 03-24-2008, 05:32 AM   #4
murrayman23
1987 XJ Cherokee 

take a trip up to moab!
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Blue"] [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="White"]"Rusty"[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] 1987 Jeep Cherokee XJ. 4.0L. 4X4. NP242. 3.5" RE superflex kit. RE Twin Tube Shocks. Rancho RS5000 Steering Stabilizer. Cragar soft 8's. 31" BFGoodrich A/T KO. Warrior Products Rock Crawler Bumper. Cobra CB. Firestik Firefly antenna. KC Daylighters.[COLOR="Black"]Half Herculined[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Half Navy blue[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
murrayman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
87pioneer

Apparently I am Robbs neighbor, I am next door in Prescott Valley.....lot's of trails out here and plenty of places to see...welcome to the desert!
87pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #6
jk_surgeonfish
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Check out Arizona Virtual Jeep Club. They have some organized trips and can provide you with more information. You will have a blast exploring as there are tons of trails and historic places to check out. You will want to head towards the high country to escape the heat.

I live just 15 mins north of Avondale.
jk_surgeonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #7
willhbauto
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I live in the east valley, I'm not to sure about anything in the West valley where you're going to be, in there east there are tons of "stock friendly" trails I took my jeep on when it was stock, the historical "Apache Trail", which you can see videos of on YouTube, which is an awesome drive with lots of history. The superstition mountains have tons of little trails that spur off the Apache trail that are fun to explore. You'll get a chance to visit some of the Lakes out there which are beautiful.

Four peaks, the big tall mountain to the east, you can go almost all the way to the top and its the tallest mountain in Central Arizona, and that's an awesome trip for a stock jeep, also has many spur trails that breakoff, very easy to follow, well traveled, you may only come across a few other off-roaders, if you go on a weekend there will be quads all over the place but gets quieter as you near the top. Definitly a blast, nothing to crazy, but good for a stock jeep.

I here there is a bunch of stuff in North Phoenix, and I hear Florence, to the east, also in the superstition mountains, is a challenge and is more for trail rigs.
Dana 44 Rear, 3.73 Gears, 4" ProComp Lift w/ Daystar 1 3/4" Spacer in front, Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects, 33"x12.50" Pro Comp Xtreme M/T, R.C. Adj. Front Track Bar, RR 1/4" CA Mounts, Front Aussie Locker, Front/Rear Riddlers, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, Rokmen Power Steering Skid, Rusty's Radiator Skid, Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper, Rokmen Mercenary Rocker Guards, Warn Engine/Oil Pan Skid, Tuff Designs Rear Tire Carrier/Bumper, Warn M8000 Winch, IPF H4 Headlight conversion w/ IPF Fatboy X55 bulbs
[U]Waiting to be installed:[/U]
*Rusty's Steering Box Support Brace
willhbauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hi, Sierra Vista here.
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #9
RKHOWND

You are coming to the right place my friend. There are more trails to run here in AZ than in most other states combined. To the west of the city you have the White Tank Mountains that have some good trails for the more stockish jeeps. To the north of the city you have the Table Mesa area that has a little something for everyone. To the East of the city you have the Florence Junction/Middle Gila area that has more trails for everyone. A good run for a stockish vehicle is the Lake Pleasant to Crown King run which is about 5 hours, but worth it when you get to the top. Then Tucson has some good low level trails. Basicly you can find trails for all skill levels all over the state.

As mentioned check out the AZvjc www.azvirtualjeepclub.com
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #10
ASUsax
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm out on the east side. The Rolls/Four Peaks area is a good run. Florence has tons of good runs. When you get out here, drop me a PM and I'll take you out somewhere. It's a hike from Avondale, though.

Lastcool is out that way.
Blue Jeep Club Member #197
'02 TJ - 33" BFG MT's's, some armor, yadda yadda. 2" BDS lift/1"BL
'94 ZJ - May it rest in pieces.
ASUsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #11
jbjorgen

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just moved to Chandler a couple months ago. Our church has a group that goes out once a month or so. They go by C.O.R.E..

~John
jbjorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 08:01 AM   #12
kejonota4

another one from Prescott Valley, (Humboldt actually). I grew up around here and have enjoyed several trails around phoenix and up her in the prescott area. Just recently purchased my third jeep and intend on slowly making the necessary modifications. Pending the money. Hope to see you on the trail some time.
kejonota4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #13
jbramble24
1984 CJ7 

Another one from Prescott Valley here. Great trails here in AZ.

If you make it up north, here are a couple of good clubs:

http://www.cazjeepers.org/Home_Page.php

http://myweb.cableone.net/khenson/ncc/ncc.html
jbramble24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #14
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

well im officaly here, im livng currently near the west side of tempe just below the phoenix south mountain park i think its called... any way i would like to hook up with you guys as soon as my schedule permits and when my budget grow enough to allow at least 2 new tires...(due a slight mishap on a muddy hill back home....) look forward to some fun times

Last edited by ruff88xj; 05-11-2008 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: i finally figured out where i was
Unread 05-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #15
ASUsax
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome! You're more on the East side in Tempe than the West side. That means you're closer to Florence and all the nice trails there.
Blue Jeep Club Member #197
'02 TJ - 33" BFG MT's's, some armor, yadda yadda. 2" BDS lift/1"BL
'94 ZJ - May it rest in pieces.
ASUsax is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.