2013 Desert Splash - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Arizona Jeep Forum > 2013 Desert Splash

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

2013 Desert Splash

Just to thank everyone that attended the 18th annual event in Parker. Hope everyone got home safe. Big thanks to the crew out of Prescott. You guys are great to wheel with and help fixing heeps on the trail

I was tail on the same trail for two days and have to say the second group was rather wild compared to first.

The trail can be an easy 3, you try another line to test your articulation and CG.

One more thing happened at the end of the second group. I was still airing up for the drive back to Havasu. Everyone had left by then excepting the trail leader. We were just talking and out of the desert a girl comes yelling for help. Seems here boy friend and her tried going down a very steep side of mountain to find out that the last 30 feet is dead vertical. I drive her out to see this site from below before i even think about how this is going to turn out.

Looks like he is well over a hundred feet down. From the road on top is only as wide as jeep, more for Razors like he is in.. steep on both sides is a tumble.

used my jeep as the main pull though he was 130 ft down so we had to use a strap to reach it. It only weighed like 1200 pounds. The leaders Jeep was the tag line as this pull was at angle and this kid was going to have to drive it is reverse as well to help get it through rocks. Got him back on the top and off to bar i would guess. They thanked us and offered dinner and such but I have date with the wife and am 3 hours late, its her birthday

Unread 11-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Wow. You have all the fun. Hope the wife didn't beat you too bad. Thanks for the heads up on the trail and we'll be back next year with a few more jeeps.
fueljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueljunkie View Post
Wow. You have all the fun. Hope the wife didn't beat you too bad. Thanks for the heads up on the trail and we'll be back next year with a few more jeeps.
No she understands that rescues can take, well as long as it takes. This one though we almost said no. My jeep was in a real bad spot to be pulling from. no room i had to back off the other edge a bit to set it so it would not go if something pulled to hard. If it was a Jeep, no way. It would have puled me off the cliff too. We would have had to get all the club out there and cable the hill. up from the bottom of the other side to set a anchor.

Tell you though to drive of that ridge like he was/is STUPID. I would not have done that in a 1000hp crawler, its just to steep and loose and a cliff at the bottom. Never go down anything you know you can not get back up and not know whats at the bottom. I mean you asking to die out here or anywhere that is not flat plains. ever out there the gofer holes will get you

man I had a great time though. We have a Sleeping princess run but its a bit of a drive for you guys its between Bullhead and Kingman . Its in the wells book but its our adopted trail. its 3.5 the easy way and upto 4- 4.5, taking hell's half mile and the rocky loop is easy 4
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
ericksin
1982 CJ7 

Yea thanks for the trail run we all had a great time........ glad it all worked out well for you and the kid you helped, and yes we will be back next year, should be back sooner than that though
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

When are you doing that run?
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueljunkie View Post
When are you doing that run?
End of the month 21st. odd day a Thursday, but it is a clean up and maintenance run. So we run it all and have many spotters to play on the fun stuff.

i'll post the run as it is open to Guests. just need to let me know.
Unread 11-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
fueljunkie
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
End of the month 21st. odd day a Thursday, but it is a clean up and maintenance run. So we run it all and have many spotters to play on the fun stuff.

i'll post the run as it is open to Guests. just need to let me know.
I wish I could. I work Thursdays. Sounds like a fun run.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.