Zion's area activity ideas? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Zion's area activity ideas?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCOR

Unread 08-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

Zion's area activity ideas?

I am taking my wife to Southern Utah for our aniversary in October. Do any of you have MUST SEE / MUST DO activities in the areas of Cedar Breaks, Bryce, Zions, and the surrounding areas?

We are planning on taking the Jeep, but not wheeling (not her favorite activity).

We are staying the first night at Brian Head, then the rest of the time just to the East of Zions East enterance. We will be in all of the areas above, plus taking a trip to the Grand Canyon one day.

Thoughts on day trip stuff in each area? I have never been to any of these areas and I am excited, but looking for advice.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Moab_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I always enjoy hiking the narrows. You can go up as far as you want and turn around if hiking the whole thing is too much.
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
j33p4life
2008 JK Wrangler 

^X2
Not sure if you are into rock climbing/rappelling, but I did the pine creek rappel in Zion's, and had an AWESOME time.
XRC Front bumper, XRC-8 Winch SRC rock rails
j33p4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
MButeFan
2011 JK Wrangler 

If she likes golf there are a couple of great courses
MButeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 03:09 AM   #5
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah also there is a Zion's national park app, on iPhone at least, that lists all the trails and has info on them all. Could be useful
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

No golf, rappelling or climbing. Mostly hiking and riding around, enjoying the scenery. Thanks for the suggestions. I will look up the Narrows and see what that looks like.

Anybody done Angel's Landing?
Moab_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 01:02 AM   #7
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Angels landing is a great hike, but not for those who are afraid of Heights. You could always turn around at the overlook if it appears too intimidating. You will never forget that hike.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.