post #1 of Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Zion, Escalante, Bryce

Hello all, I'm planning on doing some camping first week of june out your way, I'm coming from Boise so I was thinking 3 days in Zion, then on the way out do some boondocking in Escalante for a few days before hitting Bryce.

We are staying at a campground in zion but was looking into some back roads camping near the Grand staircase. I see you need a back country permit to camp. Has anyone driven out that way? I'm not looking for any wheeling on this trip( just the wife and I) just a little hiking and exploring some back roads and would like a nice place to camp out that way. Thanks for any info you guys might have.

2001 WJ 4.7L-selec-trac/4.5" Teraflex springs\IRO Long arms\Iro adj rear LCA/Bilstien 5100 series shocks/ IRO steering Equalizer/|265/75/16 Goodyear Dura-Tracs on Stock rims\Rear Tube Bumper with carrier|sliders|mopar skids.
post #2 of Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 AM
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Sounds like fun, I would like to check out Grand Staircase and Escalante myself, I haven't ever been there.

In Arches, I recommend hiking Angels Landing. It is awesome...if you are afraid of heights, it makes it even more fun.

*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- Project Yeti Build Thread