Zion, Escalante, Bryce - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Zion, Escalante, Bryce

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 01-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
sinbad85
2001 WJ 

Zion, Escalante, Bryce

Hello all, I'm planning on doing some camping first week of june out your way, I'm coming from Boise so I was thinking 3 days in Zion, then on the way out do some boondocking in Escalante for a few days before hitting Bryce.

We are staying at a campground in zion but was looking into some back roads camping near the Grand staircase. I see you need a back country permit to camp. Has anyone driven out that way? I'm not looking for any wheeling on this trip( just the wife and I) just a little hiking and exploring some back roads and would like a nice place to camp out that way. Thanks for any info you guys might have.

2001 WJ 4.7L-selec-trac/4.5" Teraflex springs\IRO Long arms\Iro adj rear LCA/Bilstien 5100 series shocks/ IRO steering Equalizer/|265/75/16 Goodyear Dura-Tracs on Stock rims\Rear Tube Bumper with carrier|sliders|mopar skids.
sinbad85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 01:11 AM   #2
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Sounds like fun, I would like to check out Grand Staircase and Escalante myself, I haven't ever been there.

In Arches, I recommend hiking Angels Landing. It is awesome...if you are afraid of heights, it makes it even more fun.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.