YJ /f12 Moab Trip! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > YJ /f12 Moab Trip!

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #76
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Last time I was there we stayed about 20 min outside of town.. It's free but there is no running water, bathrooms, or cell phone service... We it 7 full size rigs in 1 camp site and a little yota truck.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
youngjeepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #77
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngjeepr View Post
Last time I was there we stayed about 20 min outside of town.. It's free but there is no running water, bathrooms, or cell phone service... We it 7 full size rigs in 1 camp site and a little yota truck.

Yup, that's where I want to stay!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #78
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

It was a great place to camp there arnt many people around.. But for those of you that don't like camping or being dirty it's probably not the best place for you... But if the people that liked to camp stayed there everyone else could get a hotel and just come hang out around the camp fire at nights then venture back to the hotel...

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 12-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #79
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post

Yup, that's where I want to stay!
Sounds good to me! We can always pool money to rent a hotel room for one night so we can shower up if that's a concern.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #80
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngjeepr View Post

Oh and those pics are mind blowing. What kind of camera do you have?

Cheers
Unread 12-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #81
youngjeepr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I didn't take them. One of the guys I was camping with took them and I'm not sure what camera he has but he is a professional photographer.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
Unread 12-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #82
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Those pics are awesome!! The stars look so perfect

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #83
Spurlicked
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
It should be less stock by March, yes?

If any of you just want to drive out and spend time meeting everyone, I know I'll have my back seat open and I'm sure others will have space available as well. You can always ride along on the trails with another member. I'd be more than happy to let you fly with me. That's the point isn't it? Getting to meet everyone and have a great time doing Jeep stuff???

Cheers
Well if that's the case...
(unless she's ready to rock-n-roll by March)
Spurlicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #84
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurlicked View Post
Well if that's the case...
(unless she's ready to rock-n-roll by March)
Absolutely!
And we're in the same boat...My new YJ is still stock! I have 2 months to do a full lift, motor swap, bumpers, BL, skids, axles, lockers, wiring, tires, lights, paint, a trailer....oh snap it sounds like a lot when I put it like that! Good thing I already did most of that this year once all ready...Should be faster the 2nd time right?

Just waiting on the $$$ and then it's going to be 10-16 hours days, 7 days a week on this thing to try and get it as built and "done" as possible before this trip. I'm crossing my fingers and going off hopes and prayers that it will happen!

But yeah, I'll be there no matter what with room in the back!

Cheers
Unread 12-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #85
Spurlicked
1994 YJ Wrangler 

(QUOTE=ashland82391;18879889]Ditto, I love camping and just plain don't have the money for hotels for four days.[/QUOTE]

I prefer camping anyway
Unread 12-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #86
Spurlicked
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Absolutely!
And we're in the same boat...My new YJ is still stock! I have 2 months to do a full lift, motor swap, bumpers, BL, skids, axles, lockers, wiring, tires, lights, paint, a trailer....oh snap it sounds like a lot when I put it like that! Good thing I already did most of that this year once all ready...Should be faster the 2nd time right?

Just waiting on the $$$ and then it's going to be 10-16 hours days, 7 days a week on this thing to try and get it as built and "done" as possible before this trip. I'm crossing my fingers and going off hopes and prayers that it will happen!

But yeah, I'll be there no matter what with room in the back!

Cheers
This is my first build. But my brother has built 2 and he's foaming at the mouth to "help" me with mine. I think he thinks this is his third... haha
$$$ is the key factor for me. I will be happy with an SOA, an upgraded rear end and some armor. And tires and and and.... It never ends does it?

Now to just plan the time off. What's the deadline on the head count?
Unread 12-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #87
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurlicked View Post
This is my first build. But my brother has built 2 and he's foaming at the mouth to "help" me with mine. I think he thinks this is his third... haha
$$$ is the key factor for me. I will be happy with an SOA, an upgraded rear end and some armor. And tires and and and.... It never ends does it?

Now to just plan the time off. What's the deadline on the head count?
Thats how it goes! It all snowballs out of hand so quickly...JF is no help there either!
Every time I log in here I suddenly NEED something I didn't even know existed before...Oh well, part of the (expensive) fun of it all.

I don't think there will be a deadline. Like maybe March 11th lol? Just enough before hand so we can make sure everyone that is coming is there before we hit the trails. Last minute roll call is ok as long as we know you're for sure coming.

Cheers
Unread 12-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #88
Spurlicked
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thats how it goes! It all snowballs out of hand so quickly...JF is no help there either!
Every time I log in here I suddenly NEED something I didn't even know existed before...Oh well, part of the (expensive) fun of it all.

I don't think there will be a deadline. Like maybe March 11th lol? Just enough before hand so we can make sure everyone that is coming is there before we hit the trails. Last minute roll call is ok as long as we know you're for sure coming.

Cheers
OK cool!
Unread 12-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #89
flipit
1993 YJ Wrangler 

okay, I'm a bit late but-
let's be honest....
some Jeepers have their priorities straight, and others not so much.
some would rather spend their money on their Jeep- others choose the fancy hotel life :P

just saying...
how bout two groups?
I'd rather see the crowd all together,
but second best is two big groups.
Sparrows you seem to be running this,
maybe call the hotels/camping places- see if we can get a big group discount/reservation,
and if at all possible maybe get the two places within walking (or stumbling) distance?
Project #1- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/5-0-yj-right-way-1799609/
flipit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #90
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipit View Post
okay, I'm a bit late but-
let's be honest....
some Jeepers have their priorities straight, and others not so much.
some would rather spend their money on their Jeep- others choose the fancy hotel life :P

just saying...
how bout two groups?
I'd rather see the crowd all together,
but second best is two big groups.
Sparrows you seem to be running this,
maybe call the hotels/camping places- see if we can get a big group discount/reservation,
and if at all possible maybe get the two places within walking (or stumbling) distance?
stumbling for me!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.