White Rim Advice? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > White Rim Advice?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Question White Rim Advice?

We are looking at doing white rim the first part of May. I was wondering if any one can recommend a good campsite 1/2 way to get a permit for.

We would probably start the trail later in the morning, 9-10am looking at completing it in 2 days exploring as much as we can on the journey.

Also do they run out of permits or can I expect to show up and get one? It looks like they don't take reservations until July according to the website. We would be starting on a Thursday morning if getting a permit mid week is easier?

Thanks for any tips!

Unread 04-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I will be following this thread as I am considering White Rim this year as well.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 03:48 AM   #3
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

If you are planning on doing white rim, I would get a permit now if you are going to camp. I had no luck getting a camping permit for the first part of May.
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #4
MoabWJ
1999 WJ 

White Crack is a nice campground, slightly less than half way from the east side (V.C. and Shafer entrance). Murphy Hogback is almost exactly halfway. Plan on 4-5 hours drive time to get to Murphy, and about 1/2 hour less to get to White Crack.

Like Skates said, I would call and make a reservation now. May is pretty busy down there.
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #5
MoabWJ
1999 WJ 

Mid-July is the start of permitting for the next year...
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
1982cj8
2005 LJ Wrangler 

We went in September and every campsite was reserved, in advance. We made our reservations at least 6 months in advance and all of the halfway camps were full, we camped at the riverside ones. Makes for one long day and one halfday.

4X4XNORTHWEST.COM
1982cj8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.