wheeling in the Bear Lake area? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > wheeling in the Bear Lake area?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 08-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
Crispynuggets
2001 XJ Cherokee 

wheeling in the Bear Lake area?

Heading to Bear Lake this week to stay at my grandparents cabin. Just wondering if anybody knows of some wheeling spots. I know there are a ton of ATV trails but are there any Jeepin trails?

Purifying our souls in the waters of Lake Minnetonka using JeepForum

Crispynuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

There are trails all over. Nothing too hard, but there are roads and trails everywhere near Hardware Ranch. Old Ephraim's grave is fun and scenic.
Moab_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I like the trails that go out of round valley (near laketown) and up towards Ephraims grave, and towards Hardware. It is a great area. There are also some mild trails north into Idaho from Beaver Creek lodge. It is mostly expedition style driving, not hard wheeling. But the area is great and fun to see.`
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
Tblack
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Long story short, You will never need 4 wheel drive up there. I've explored the whole area over the years on quads, and there just isn't anything out there for a jeep. It is much nicer to be on quads than the jeep.
Unread 08-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
mbryson
1980 CJ7 

If you go up Cub River canyon I've heard of "rough roads" tha sound like they could be interesting. At worst, it'd be interesting exploring. Sounds like it would be about Paris, ID latitude where you'd come out into Bear Lake. Unfortunately not much that actually requires 4wd up there. If you find something interesting and legally open, please post up. I love area as I grew up in Smithfield. Haven't had much reason to haul the Jeep up there though
Unread 08-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
luv2offroad
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I used to travel most of those roads in Cache County in a Toyota Corolla. Great for scenic dirt road travelling but certainly not anything hard.

Utah Jeep Forum #149
1998 Black XJ
1995 Green XJ -- rolled n sold :D
luv2offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Tblack
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Im going jeeping this weekend while Im up there. Ill keep you posted on what i can find this weekend.
Unread 08-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
Crispynuggets
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I looked around while i was up there. I saw a couple trails that looked interesting but the wife "had to pee". Oh well we deer hunt up there maybe ill see then.

Purifying our souls in the waters of Lake Minnetonka using JeepForum
Crispynuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

Go out to Logan peak. Not too tough, but I wouldn't do it in a car. There is always Providence Canyon if it is open. That is a good, boulder strewn climb that will challange most mild rigs.
Moab_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
mbryson
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moab_cj5 View Post
Go out to Logan peak. Not too tough, but I wouldn't do it in a car. There is always Providence Canyon if it is open. That is a good, boulder strewn climb that will challange most mild rigs.

Most of That road washed out last spring. Sounds like it could get "repaired" this fall?
Unread 09-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
Tblack
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Finally found a trail up here that required 4lo. Nice and scenic and some steep climbs and plenty of mud from this last weekends storms

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.