Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your Utah Jeep today?

314K views 7K replies 143 participants last post by  GCBurt 
#1 ·
With all the work done on many of our jeeps recently and all of us trying to better our rigs for the terrain here in our beloved Utah. I thought it would be great to post things we've done and projects we're working on. That way we can get ideas from each other and tips for our own work!

Also we could use this thread for questions for your rig on something your working on!

#7 ·
I was talking about you, silly! ;) (Although I recognize TJ sliders wouldn't do me a whole lot of good). Naw, I can't hurt you guys' Jeeps because you made mine look better. :cheers:

#11 ·
Noticed last night that the metal ring that keeps the boot on my cv axle shaft came off.. Ugh.. LUCKILY the boot looks like new still and I was able to push it back on and zip tie it til I can replace the ring :)

#14 ·
I swore you can get those from the part shops? I know they at least come in the boot kits. Call the major part stores and see - I'd be shocked if they didn't have them. You'll need one of those crimper tools I think. Or you could just try a hose clamp as a temp fix? I don't know why that wouldn't work.

#15 ·
Yes, most part stores carry universal boot clamps. No, don't use a hose clamp... they throw off the balance & may not clear surrounding areas once the shaft is rotating.

Yeeaaa, my 50th post!!!:cheers2:

#18 ·
Lost the mudflaps and washed it! I found out I blew a set of fogs when we went splashing through the puddles in SF. :(

#20 ·
I think you are confusing me for another Matt. If you'll recall I never once competed in your little splash-a-thon. Justin and I were perfectly content to sit a watch. I just drove through the puddle a couple times. That was enough to screw my lights. I checked the fuse and it's fine and the bulbs look fine too. I really have no clue what the freak the problem is. I think they would've been fine had I just turned them off first. I ordered some H3 LED/SMD lights for kicks and we'll see how they do. I doubt they'll be as bright, but I think they'll handle moisture a lot better.

#23 ·
Nice dude! I'll probably be getting a CB in a week or two! I'm excited. :thumbsup:

So I washed my Jeep after our excursion through the trees on Saturday and the damage really wasn't as bad as I thought. How has yours turned out?

Hey, and don't you owe me $5 still!? ;)

#31 ·
I changed my brakes on all 4 last night, which went well until I drove off. I started getting terrible pull on the right side & found the front right caliper decided it was going to stay clamped & burn up the brake pads! After letting it cool down, I took off the caliper to find the guide pins had seized the caliper in a closed position... 4 1/2 hours & several eff-bombs later, I got both pins loose, cleaned & lubed. That all ended at 02:30 this morning. So I did a test run... left front side started doing the same thing but nowhere near as bad. I said eff-it & went to bed. Jeeps.

#34 ·
I'm not at all happy about your misfortune, but I'm darn glad it's not just me with an automotive curse. :rtft:

#39 ·
Hey punk, straight from WJJEEPS.COM

The old ones (which YOU and Matt have)

1. Original (from 1999 model production through May 10, 2002 (Teves, black color with open-sided bracket)

And the new ones (which I have) :teehee:

2. New (from May 11, 2002 production onward: (Akebono, silver color "fully closed" style)

#35 ·
I think for having a 176k on a wheeled rig, my small misfortunes are welcomed compared to something bigger... Plus I do a great job of fixing things, so it works out :thumbsup:
...but that's just like, my opinion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.