Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your Utah Jeep today?

314K views 7K replies 143 participants last post by  GCBurt 
#1 ·
With all the work done on many of our jeeps recently and all of us trying to better our rigs for the terrain here in our beloved Utah. I thought it would be great to post things we've done and projects we're working on. That way we can get ideas from each other and tips for our own work!

Also we could use this thread for questions for your rig on something your working on!

#86 ·
I'm sure he was on your side Matt. He always is on your side. :rolleyes: John is predjudice against electric fanned short Jeeps.

#88 ·
Thanks broski! I have your dub to look up to... When I wheel, I think to myself "self, if you stopped buying soo much redbull, you could probably afford a killer suspension & wheel like John." Then I finish my current redbull & the thought quickly floats away.

#90 ·
Never give up. Never surrender.

On the other hand, it was a 103F when I left work yesterday. So I loaded up Katie for a little canoeing & hit up east canyon resevoir where it was an awesome & partly cloudy 76F. Of course, along the way, I had to take the inevitable poser pic. (Pardon the blur, my lens is cracked on my phone)

Attachments

#93 ·
:laugh: Well who'd you go with? Or are you trying to be all Russian spy-like?

#98 ·
Well if it's not worth anything, you should just keep it because it won't help you out that much to sell it! :thumbsup:

#100 ·
I already have a buyer for it for $500. It's just a matter of deciding if I actually need to sell it or not. Wells Fargo Direct Deposit Advances might save it yet, but we'll have to see by the end of the month. I don't want to sell it, but if it comes down to keeping the Jeep or eating, well the Jeep will have a signed title rather quickly.

#108 ·
Hahahaha... No doubt!!It's my punishment for being proud of my "non-overheating, wheeling w/ the A/C on" abilities. The Lord giveth & the Lord taketh away my A/Ceth.

Here's a little something on pride. Enjoy!

#109 ·
:rofl: :laugh:

Well if I did take out Matt's A/C, he's already got me back by putting my fuel pump on the fritz. ....and He taketh away my pumpeth.

#110 ·
Ah, young grasshopper... you have the O-ring problem, it sounds like. Quite common on older dubs. I'm only assuming here, but it probably hesitates to start, doesn't it? If so, it's an O-ring that goes out on the pump. Search on JF or google, it's quite common.

#112 ·
#113 ·
Thanks dude. I should probably find a way to test the fuel line pressure before I go tearing into all that, eh?

#114 ·
Bizactly! Should be easy... tap into the line leading to the fuel rail. We use to do it when would throw on bigger injectors after turbo upgrades, to keep an eye on things :thumbsup:

#115 ·
I......see....

(...Matt says as he thinks to himself, "where the crap do I get a fuel pressure tester? Do I have to buy one? Are they expensive? Do they rent those? Gosh, I hate having no clue what I'm doing. :laugh:)

#117 ·
Ha! That's perfect because I have a gift card to harbor freight for about $15 that I need to use! :thumbsup: Gee thanks Other Matt! :cheers2:

So....
Matt.....

Got any plans tonight? ;)

#118 ·
U could probably buy 3 of them at harbor freight for that much! And get a measuring tape, torque wrench, head mount flashlight and a welder!

#119 ·
Ha, ha, ha, minus the welder, you're probably right. :rofl:

#121 ·
Hmm. Let me see how much Harbor Freights are and I might take you up on that. :cheers2: I might have to spend that much in gas to come get it and bring it back. :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.