Welcome to Utah JeepCrew! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Welcome to Utah JeepCrew!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 09-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #46
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

U will be fine on the snakes.. We have taken stock wj's/xj's through it with little to no damage.. U'll be fine

07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #47
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Hey I-Roc, how do u like the jonnyjoints on the RK lift? And whet gen RK lift do u have? U got the 4 link?
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:07 AM   #48
volvite
1999 WJ 

Hey, No I have not bought anything from Iceland yet. I ended up buying the sliders that were being sold for Troy, Bigblue. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...amily-1092664/

Don't have them yet, but bought them and they should be shipped soon. I'm also looking to buy my bigger lift first before the the iceland bumper.

Where is the snake trail?
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #49
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311WJ View Post
Hey I-Roc, how do u like the jonnyjoints on the RK lift? And whet gen RK lift do u have? U got the 4 link?
I think it is a Gen 1. I sold the ZJ (which I built from the ground up) and bought this WJ. It had the RK kit on it, and had some serious DW problems due to the track bar not being intalled tight. I like to build my stuff, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. I paid $9400 for it with the Kit, wheels, and tires installed. It only had 80k on the clock, this was in 2005.

The kit is a three link up front, but I have been thinking of ordering a fourth arm and just removing that arm when wheeling. Do you have the four link up front? If so, how is the articulation?

The johnny joints are much better than the RK joints, better ride. Due to the angle of the arms, I have JJ on the axle end and the solid poly bushing on the "frame" end of the front arms. I haven't done this to the rear yet, those arms are still just 4 RK joints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvite View Post
Hey, No I have not bought anything from Iceland yet. I ended up buying the sliders that were being sold for Troy, Bigblue. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...amily-1092664/

Don't have them yet, but bought them and they should be shipped soon. I'm also looking to buy my bigger lift first before the the iceland bumper.

Where is the snake trail?
That is sweet! Cant' wait to see pics. Let me know when you want to do the bumper, we could do it on a Saturday morning if you are down in UT.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #50
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

So by rk joints are u meaning hiems? Cause my rk joints are rebuildable and just like johnnyjoints.. My kit had bushings on the frame end. And I the three link. I'd never go 4 cause it rides so solid now that theres no point. Do u have an A arm spacer or a 4 link rear?
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 09-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #51
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I have a rear four link, no spacer. My RK joints are rebuildable as well, the rear arms still all have RK joints. I have just changed the front as that is where you feel it the most.

In comparison, the amount of poly in the Johnny Joints exceeds RK probably tenfold. The RK joints work well, but they dry out very quickly and have very little poly. Really the amount of poly...it is like you are riding on metal, it doesn't have any give at all. My joints had zerks, but there was no way you were actually going to get grease in them. RK actually told me to just use a liquid lube. The first time I rebuilt them I just assembled the joint with lube in it. The RK joints work well, but to keep them properly lubed, you really should dissasemble the joints a couple of times a year to insert new grease. So for a softer ride and easier maintanance, I switched to the Currie joints.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 09-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #52
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

ok i'm gunna have to do that... mine are so stiff and seized up and i've greased mine lots... if you have the RK joints that are rebuildable then you have like a 5 gen lift.. the first ones were hiems... lol ya horrible...
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 09-16-2010, 12:46 AM   #53
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

I have heims on teh upper arms, but not the lowers. They are rebuildable, but they use misalignment spacers. I think the newer kits have the spacers actually built into the ball itself. Here is a pic from when I rebuilt mine a while back, the spacers are not in this pic though. You can see that they are needed to space between the joint on each side and the CA mount. It is a pain to get the bolt through the mounting hole, spacer, the joint, another spacer, and the other side of the mount...

Here are the poly mounts I have on the frame side. Before I had RK joints everywhere on the LCA's. Yeah I know, I need new gloves...

And here is an upper arm:

The Johnny Joints had a ton more thread. I had to adjust the other poly end in a bit to keep the arms the length I wanted. I could have cut some length off, but didn't want to deal with that and re-shaping the ends of the threads.

Unread 09-16-2010, 09:42 AM   #54
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah u do have an early one ha ha I need to upgrade to pure beef of jonny's.. Mine are All those rebuildable ones. The newer style tho. And bushings on the frame end of the lowers..
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 09-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #55
volvite
1999 WJ 

Was informed today that Big Blue sliders were shipped today. Should arrive sometime next week. Also the 2nd update is that my RC X-series lift was shipped today and should be here wednesday of next week. So next weeked sounds like a good time of installing all the new parts for the WJ. Looking forward to it.
Unread 09-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #56
volvite
1999 WJ 

Last thing, where is the best deal on an Addco rear sway bar? I think I want to order that up as well so I can install it at the same time.
Unread 09-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #57
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

U could PM Kolak or search for guys selling them.. There's bound to be one..
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
I ♡ John
Unread 09-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #58
00JGC00
2000 WJ 

Utah JeepCrew #39 | Club Matt #1
December '11 GCOTM | Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/life-times-979511/
00JGC00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #59
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

hey every one im corbyn and i have a 88 yj!
youngjeepr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #60
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngjeepr View Post
hey every one im corbyn and i have a 88 yj!
Welcome Corbyn!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.