Utah Trip Suggestions/Feedback Requested - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Utah Trip Suggestions/Feedback Requested

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 01-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Utah Trip Suggestions/Feedback Requested

I'm planning a trip in September. I'll only have 10 days and I tend to like to try and "see it all" so I drive a lot. I'm considering some destinations and I'd appreciate any suggestions/feedback to the following. I'll be towing a box trailer behind my Jeep with a roof top tent. The trip route would be from Denver to Moab, Bryce, Page, AZ, Valley of the Gods then to Ouray.

1) Campgrounds around Moab?
Something reasonable to get the trailer to. Pit toilets would be great. I have noted Devil's Garden at Arches and Dead Horse.

2) Escalante Petrified Forest State Park

3) Bryce

4) Kodachrome Basin State Park

5) Cottonwood Canyon Road
I'm thinking of driving south on this road. I've read to see Grosvenor Arch, and I'd like to spend a night at Alstrom Point above Lake Powell.

6) Valley of the Gods

Thanks for any suggestions/feedback.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Every time im in arches that devils campground has been full regardless of the day. Im not sure if you can book it in advance but I would look into that.
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

^Yes, looks like Deadhorse allows reservations up to four months before, and Devils up to six months. It's on my calendar!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

From Bryce you can pass Kodachome Basin and Grosvenor Arch and take a road that will lead you out to Highway 89 then you can go to Glen Canyon Dam in Page. The road is a packed dirt road and nothing difficult. I drove it back in 2008. Near Page are the Antelope Slot Canyons which are very cool to walk through.

There is a lot of camping in Moab in town and along the rive both to the east and west. Some of the sites on the river have pit toilets and some don't. Camping in Arches is very cool but spaces can be limited. There is camping at Dead Horse as well.

I know it's a long way off but I'd be down for a trip to Moab while you are there. The weather in September should be perfect. Not too hot and not too cold.
Unread 01-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #5
EllisWyatt
2013 WK 

Whether you camp there or not, Dead Horse Point is a must see.
EllisWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #6
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

Check out Expedition Utah. That site has some awesome trip reports for some of the areas you want to go.

The area I was disapointed in is the Escalante petrified forest. It was ok, but not as cool as I built it up in my mind.
Moab_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.