Utah Drivers! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Utah Drivers!

New Product Release: Flowmaster CA Legal Direct-Fit CatalyPartsHubDirect: Hella LED Lighting, HID Xenon, Headlamps, Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic Halog

Unread 06-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
Dbiked
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Utah Drivers!

If you cut a person off thats going down hill and then you stop in the middle of the road, You should just give your car to me so i can scrap it and build my jeep. because it seems to me that the only people who can drive, are those of us who jeep. Every where i go around utah, people are trying to kill my jeep. I dont understand whats so difficult about looking around before you change lanes or make a left hand turn. Punch in the face anyone?! haha Good old beer, to calm me nerves

Sorry, had to rant.

But on a positive note. I think i finally figured out what was wrong with my cooling system. I replaced the electric cooling fan today after spending 90 bucks on a new fan motor, i dont even come close to over heating, even when wheeling!

Utah jeep crew member #32
Dbiked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
00JGC00
2000 WJ 

I used to have a big squirter type thing that I rigged to the back of my car (it was hidden on the tail lights so you couldn't see it from behind the car) that would spray people who tail-gated me. It was hilarious. I also want to get one of those train horns so I can make bad drivers and people on their cells phones ruin their upholstery.
Utah JeepCrew #39 | Club Matt #1
December '11 GCOTM | Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/life-times-979511/
00JGC00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JGC00 View Post
I also want to get one of those train horns so I can make bad drivers and people on their cells phones ruin their upholstery.
How much are those?
2001 WJ | 4.7L V8 | Utah Jeepcrew #19 | Hemi Club Member 60

1990 White XJ Laredo [Sold]
2000 Silverstone XJ Classic [Sold]
2006 Dodge Charger RT Hemi [Sold]
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee [Current]

Xbox Live gamertag: XJ Nickk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcMuff View Post
Banned for being the cooler Nick
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
00JGC00
2000 WJ 

I want one BAD....

Train Horns & Train Horn Kits: Loudest Horns Available
December '11 GCOTM | Build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/life-times-979511/
Unread 06-18-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Something I noticed when I was doing the roadside assistance gig was that if someone pulled a colossal idiotic stunt while behind the wheel, 90% of the time they had "BYU" somewhere on their vehicle. And if they had "BYU alumni" on their license plate frame, the stupidity of the maneuver was exponentially worse.

Just sayin...

Oh, and if you are audacious enough to blow your horn at them, you're 90% likely to get the finger from them, too. Yeah, real nice Mormon attitude there.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
00JGC00
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_D View Post
Something I noticed when I was doing the roadside assistance gig (45,000 miles in 9 months) was that if someone pulled a colossal idiotic stunt while behind the wheel, 90% of the time they had "BYU" somewhere on their vehicle. And if they had "BYU alumni" on their license plate frame, the stupidity of the maneuver was exponentially worse.
And it was in a minivan to boot!
Unread 06-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #7
Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_D View Post
Something I noticed when I was doing the roadside assistance gig (45,000 miles in 9 months) was that if someone pulled a colossal idiotic stunt while behind the wheel, 90% of the time they had "BYU" somewhere on their vehicle. And if they had "BYU alumni" on their license plate frame, the stupidity of the maneuver was exponentially worse.

Just sayin...

Oh, and if you are audacious enough to blow your horn at them, you're 90% likely to get the finger from them, too. Yeah, real nice Mormon attitude there.
How did you like doing roadside? I keep seeing job offers for it and an remotely interested..
2001 WJ | 4.7L V8 | Utah Jeepcrew #19 | Hemi Club Member 60

1990 White XJ Laredo [Sold]
2000 Silverstone XJ Classic [Sold]
2006 Dodge Charger RT Hemi [Sold]
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee [Current]

Xbox Live gamertag: XJ Nickk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcMuff View Post
Banned for being the cooler Nick
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #8
801DubJay
2000 WJ 

Ugh, minivan drivers... they drive like they think it's a "sporty bus." My mom drives a minivan. She's also a BYU alum. Terrible driver. You should see her bumper... her fog lights are held intact by "the spirit."

P.S. Mom if you ever read this, I still love you.
Unread 06-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #9
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
How did you like doing roadside? I keep seeing job offers for it and an remotely interested..
Pros : You hardly ever have to deal with your boss. You get to drive. A LOT. You get to help people and get paid to do it. You get to meet a lot of people that are generally quite happy to see you.

Cons : On call 24/7. You're thrown in to some hairy situations (ever change the driver's front tire at the side of the freeway when your @$$ is hanging 4" into traffic?). It can become quite stressful if 5 calls come in at once during rush hour traffic (generally a 30 minute response time is mandatory). Pay sucks big bobos (I was getting $6-$7 a call, and the prices dropped just before I quit). If they ask you to use your own car, you put a LOT of miles on it (I did over 40,000 miles in 9 months). And forget about using your Jeep (they want 30mpg or better since they should pay for gas). So your car is going to last a maximum of two years. More likely one year.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Unread 06-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #10
Dbiked
1998 XJ Cherokee 

HAHA I've wanted one of those horns, and a PA system SO BAD! so i can yell at the stupid *** holes from my car! haha

And i think thats funny that a trail rig has a longer life expectancy than a road side assistance vehical.
Utah jeep crew member #32
Dbiked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Heh, one year of driving roadside is like 7 years of regular driving. And since most of us aren't going to be stupid enough to use a new car in a virtual demolition derby, you're talking about using a car that's at the end of its life expectancy already. The roadside driving just finishes it off a little faster...
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Unread 06-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #12
00JGC00
2000 WJ 

Were people generally friendly with you or were they d-bags?
Unread 11-25-2010, 01:32 AM   #13
corndogduff

How is it that someone can live in Utah for years, but when they see white stuff in the sky, their IQ automatically drops 50 points?

If you live here for 30 years and still can't manage a small snowstorm, for the sake of everyone here, surrender your license or move to New Mexico.
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #14
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

It's not just here, bud. The first week or two after the snow fell in Minnesota most people seemed to lose all of their ability to drive. Same thing with Vancouver.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.