Allright boys and girls, here is the newest idea to come out of UJC! I am proposing a shameless ripp off Pay it Forward activity for all of us active and semi-active members. The idea is to source something usefull and NOT expensive to gift to another member. That member is then to keep the ball rolling by finding and gifting something else and so on. The idea is to get some cool usefull gear to other members, increase UJC member ties, and to just have fun with it! Everyone knows there is a finite amount of affordable items to pass on, so the idea is not to be unique. A fire extinguisher, for example, is something that everyone can appreciate and would never really get tired of passing on. Remember, the goal is to have fun and get out and meet some other members, try to get yourself out to others that you may not run with on a normal basis. These things can be posted here, with the intended recipient identified, and said person can then name someone else. We can then try to meet up and exchange on own time, or even have a big swap at the next social, which thanks to TMatt are becoming quite the large and succesful gatherings! I will start by posting some simple rules, as this is really a simple idea. If you have any suggestions, lets try to post them in the chat thread and keep this open for passing only! Though an it is an impossible task for us, let's try it!!!
1. Please keep TRY to keep posts related to passing!
2. Do NOT overspend! There are plenty of good items out there that can be had for cheap!
3. Do NOT feel obligated!! This is for fun and socializing purposes, don't overextend yourself!
4. DO try and pass safety/recovery related items or tools. Try and find things that we could all use but may have neglected!
5. Have fun with this and make sure you post pics of your pass!
6. Make sure you identify who the pass is to clearly
Today, I was at 4WP's on Redwood and found a very handy and affordable tool. It is something that should be carried when wheeling, but due to storage issues, many go without. While I picked one up for myself, I decided to pick up another and gift it out. The first pass is to 311WJ (John), in the hopes that he gets back out there and joins us soon for some wheeling and socializing! So here ya' go John, hopefully you won't have to use it, but it's there for ya!!!