U4WDA Fall Trail Ride in Price - Sponsored by 4 Wheel Parts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > U4WDA Fall Trail Ride in Price - Sponsored by 4 Wheel Parts

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
U4WDA

U4WDA Fall Trail Ride in Price - Sponsored by 4 Wheel Parts

The U4WDA 2007 Fall Trail Ride is being hosted by the Castle Country King Crawlers 4x4 club in Price, Utah. The event is being sponsored by 4 Wheel Parts (SLC) who will provide special raffle items to help raise money for U4WDA and the public land use battle. There is no charge to attend the event, but you must pre-register! Castle Country King Crawlers 4x4 will have breakfast available on Saturday morning for minimal cost and dinner on Saturday afternoon for $10 for adults and $8 for children.

Special thanks to 4 Wheel Parts (SLC) for sponsoring this event.

When: Saturday, November 3rd. Groups will leave at 9:00 AM except for Pinnacle II which will leave at 8:00 AM. Please arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes before your group is scheduled to depart.

Where: 4x4 Challenge Park, Carbon County Fairgrounds, Price, Utah
From Highway 6, take exit 240 and head west on 100 North. Follow 100 North for approximately 1/2 mile and turn left (south) onto N. Fairgrounds Road. Follow the road sharp left and follow the signs indicating "Fairgrounds Public Access" to the right onto a gravel road. After approximately 800 feet, turn left (south) and follow the fence line. You will come to a gravel parking area where we will be holding registrations.

What: Castle Country King Crawlers 4x4 club will lead groups on seven local trails ranging from a scenic dirt road (2 rating) to hardcore trails (5 rating). Following the trail rides, we will have a special raffle thanks to 4 Wheel Parts (SLC) and dinner available for $10 for adults and $8 for children.

Trails:

9 Mile Canyon - Rated 2
Tour the world renowned 9 Mile Canyon which contains the largest concentration of Native American rock art in the world. This road is a graded county road suitable for most passenger cars and SUVs. This is a very scenic and historic trip.

Lower Diff - Rated 3+/4
This trail follows a wash bottom with big, loose boulders and tight squeezes. The trail is similar to Diff Hanger, but slightly longer.

Mountain Dew - Rated 3.5/3.5+
This trail starts off easy with a gradual climb up a mix of dirt and rock. The route contains some steep steps and tight turns. The trail ends with a great overlook of Buck Horn Flat.

Diff Hanger - Rated 4
This trail is similar to Lower Diff with many loose boulders and several tight turns. Long wheel base rigs are not recommended, and rocker protection is recommended.

Steel Horse - Rated 4
This trail contains a few stepped slickrock obstacles and an optional 5 rated waterfall obstacle at the end. Good, average length trail with several technical boulder fields. There is a 10 rig limit on this trail.

Pinnacle II - Rated 4+/5
Wash bottom trail with technical boulder fields, waterfall climbs, and a narrow gulch. Expect body damage. This trail takes all day so be sure to bring a lunch. There is a 10 rig limit on this trail, and rigs must be capable. The trail leader will have the final say on rigs running this trail.

Judgement Day - Rated 5
Insanity required! This is a short, but fun 5+ trail. There is a 10 rig limit on this trail. Dual lockers and 37"+ tires required. The trail leader will have the final say on rigs running this trail.

There is no cost for this event, but you MUST pre-register to attend.

U4WDA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
BumpaD_Z28
2001 TJ Wrangler 

CRAPPY ! I'm scheduled to work that day , I'll have to see if I can trade someone and get pre-regstered

~DaVe
Unread 01-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
hrnyghost
1971 DJ 

O
hrnyghost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrnyghost
O
so far you have two posts on jeepforum.. and both of them make no sense. you ok?
BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK04WJ

so far you have two posts on jeepforum.. and both of them make no sense. you ok?
Meth it's a bad thing ........

It seems that he is good at one thing , Which is bringing back threads from the dead that are years old where is the ban hammer ?

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum
Unread 01-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looking at the list it seems like these trails are down in your area Corbin. Have you ran any before? I may be interested in a trip down there if these are still open.
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

all of these trails are within 5 miles of my house. they are all technically closed (really long story) but I've talked to some locals and they still run them. I haven't ran any of them yet but I will as soon as there isn't so much snow.
Unread 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
j33p4life
2008 JK Wrangler 

Why closed?? Sounds like some fun trails!
XRC Front bumper, XRC-8 Winch SRC rock rails
j33p4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #9
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33p4life View Post
Why closed?? Sounds like some fun trails!
Yeah seriously. We need to know!!!
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

the person in charge of keeping the trails clean ended up dying..
then the trail locations were "lost" by the BLM so they are no longer legal trails.

many discussions on RME about it. I have lived here for about 9 years and most of the trails are about 5 miles from my house. There is not enough law enforcement here for them to watch the trails.. so i dont know how they would catch anyone on the trails if we were to do a run.
I know several locals that wheel them all the time. The trails arent blocked or anything. they actually are even marked with some cool signs.
I plan on running several of them as soon as there isnt a foot of snow on them..
Unread 01-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #11
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

just got this off of RME.
"when i was living in price i dealt with the BLM alot for work. i got talking to the director a few times about the price trails and i gained respect for him cause of this phrase he told me. "since we are incompetent and screwed up the trails are technically closed, but not officially so if you want to run them and you are staying on the existing routes there is nothing that we or anyone else can do if you want to run them." and that was a yr ago he told me that."

I have talked to some locals and they seem to run most of these trails all of the time and told me they will invite me next time they go.

I have lived here for a long time and use to ride 4 wheelers near almost all of these trails and have never seen them blocked.. or anyone up near the trail to enfore anything. Every time i drive by the trail heads, there are fresh tracks going in every one.

The signs to each trail are actually kinda cool. I think I will try them soon and if they are any good.. I will see if any of you would like to make a trip down for a run
Unread 01-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #12
Comanchekid1k
1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK04WJ View Post
I have talked to some locals and they seem to run most of these trails all of the time and told me they will invite me next time they go. I have lived here for a long time and use to ride 4 wheelers near almost all of these trails and have never seen them blocked.. or anyone up near the trail to enfore anything. Every time i drive by the trail heads, there are fresh tracks going in every one. The signs to each trail are actually kinda cool. I think I will try them soon and if they are any good.. I will see if any of you would like to make a trip down for a run

I'm up for this! When the weather gets warmer sounds exciting
Comanchekid1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #13
XJ_Ike
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I would love to try some new trails
*UTAH JEEPCREW #140*
XJ_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ok so when the snow starts to melt we should get a group together. i know a few people that would be down.
PowderPusher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #15
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'll keep you guys updated on the snow conditions. we didn't get a lot on this storm but there is already about a foot on the trails

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.