Transmissions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Transmissions

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
bradentaala
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Transmissions

It's time to upgrade... I have an LS1 laying around and i'm finally putting together a gameplan to get it into the jeep. I'll be doing a different transmission at the same time and wanted to see what you all think. Here are the 2 options i'm looking at:

1. AUTOMATIC: TH400 with reverse manual valve body and engine braking. With the reverse throw it puts 1st gear closer to reverse for the quick shift when needed. Combined with a Winters / Art Carr shifter.

2. MANUAL: SM465 4 speed

'00 TJ, 14" coilovers, teraflex speedbumps, double triangulated 4 link, 3 link, D60, 14 bolt, 42" Kevlars, 17" walker evans beadlocks, high lines, 104" wb, atlas 4 (11.7:1), hydro assist steering, hydro boost brakes, belly up, Corbeau CR1 w/5pt harness.

bradentaala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Either way you go its going to be a great combo! I think you have to look at the downfalls of each option With the auto you have to worry about heat but the way you build stuff I can see you adding a cooler with fan so you'll be good on that aspect. . Autos are easier to wheel with IMO . The Sm would be insane in Ta'ala 2 with the. Granny gear. And your current gearing / atlas 4speed. You'll definitely twist axle and driveshafts in 2

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
90lsturbo
scratches add character..

1984 CJ7 

lol wait so your long trusted 4.0 is ready to die? i remember a convo we had a while back how you put it... "oh it will never have a v8" hahaha go th400 with a cooler
1984 cj7- new rig and no rust lol

#89 UJC
"Real men dont let their friends drive prius's"
90lsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.