Transmissions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Transmissions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
bradentaala
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Transmissions

It's time to upgrade... I have an LS1 laying around and i'm finally putting together a gameplan to get it into the jeep. I'll be doing a different transmission at the same time and wanted to see what you all think. Here are the 2 options i'm looking at:

1. AUTOMATIC: TH400 with reverse manual valve body and engine braking. With the reverse throw it puts 1st gear closer to reverse for the quick shift when needed. Combined with a Winters / Art Carr shifter.

2. MANUAL: SM465 4 speed

'00 TJ, 14" coilovers, teraflex speedbumps, double triangulated 4 link, 3 link, D60, 14 bolt, 42" Kevlars, 17" walker evans beadlocks, high lines, 104" wb, atlas 4 (11.7:1), hydro assist steering, hydro boost brakes, belly up, Corbeau CR1 w/5pt harness.

bradentaala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Either way you go its going to be a great combo! I think you have to look at the downfalls of each option With the auto you have to worry about heat but the way you build stuff I can see you adding a cooler with fan so you'll be good on that aspect. . Autos are easier to wheel with IMO . The Sm would be insane in Ta'ala 2 with the. Granny gear. And your current gearing / atlas 4speed. You'll definitely twist axle and driveshafts in 2

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
90lsturbo
scratches add character..

1984 CJ7 

lol wait so your long trusted 4.0 is ready to die? i remember a convo we had a while back how you put it... "oh it will never have a v8" hahaha go th400 with a cooler
1984 cj7- new rig and no rust lol

#89 UJC
"Real men dont let their friends drive prius's"
90lsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.