trail camping spots? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > trail camping spots?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 08-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
tim87tr

trail camping spots?

I've been running my Jeep on trails in Colorado and then Moab last April and found camping restricted on the trails in the local Moab area. Are the trails outside the Moab area camping restricted as much?

I typically sleep in my Jeep and find a pay campsite with facilities every few days. I use the funtreks books which sometimes show trail camping but it's a bit confusing on what is regulated. I plan to be back to Moab in October.

tim87tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 12:27 AM   #2
PinePig
1993 XJ Cherokee 

It's about an 18 mile radius around Moab of restricted camping. Once you are outside of that boundary on BLM land you can camp for free in most reasonable places. You should be fine in October to get a BLM primitive spot close to town or get a spot in Arches. They fill up quickly so if you know the exact days you will be there go ahead and reserve your spots.
1951 CJ3A
PinePig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 07:06 AM   #3
tim87tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinePig View Post
It's about an 18 mile radius around Moab of restricted camping. Once you are outside of that boundary on BLM land you can camp for free in most reasonable places. You should be fine in October to get a BLM primitive spot close to town or get a spot in Arches. They fill up quickly so if you know the exact days you will be there go ahead and reserve your spots.
Thanks for the info. I'd started looking at BLM and national forest. It was a big change from Colorado where trail camping is allowed.
tim87tr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.