JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Utah Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f319/)
-   -   Thinking about something today... (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f319/thinking-about-something-today-1295443/)

Mickey_D 11-30-2011 12:42 PM

Thinking about something today...

Where would we all meet up in case of a Walking Dead situation (staying away from the "Z" word for search purposes)?

We've got quite an eclectic bunch here with a wide variety of knowledge, skills and abilities. Plus we drive the best vehicles for that kind of situation (look at the percentage of Jeeps in the Walking Dead show).

I would think that you get all of us together and we would make a formidable force in a survival situation where the world has gone to complete ****.

So? What say you? Where would be a good pre-arranged location that we could gather at? I would much prefer to already have primary, secondary and tertiary routes to get to a "compound" or defensible area to plan the next step from. Also a couple backup locations would be good.

And no, the Saratoga Springs Walmart would NOT be a good idea. Gun stores, Walmart/Target, hospitals, etc would be the first places the sheeple and mindless freaks go when everything goes tits up.

00JGC00 11-30-2011 12:54 PM

My house - I have a big drive way. :laugh:

311LJ 11-30-2011 04:46 PM

I vote for 3 spots...

Antelope Island in the middle of the Great Salt Lake..

Sanpete County down by Boreal (he'd be nice to have around during this and there is less people..

Moab because there are less people and we can live in paradise and out where a normal person couldn't drive to get away..

thoughts?

Tuffjeeper 11-30-2011 05:47 PM

Moab or southern Utah. They never found that man who shot the cop. I say there. We could basically have a city and nobody would know.

Rudinater 11-30-2011 05:59 PM

My ranch in Central Oregon.:thumbsup:

Kind of hard to live in a desert.

That reminds me I need more 22LR ammo.

DAYJ 11-30-2011 06:32 PM

Antelope island is my first vote for sure, fresh springs and all the meat we could want...

Polecat 12-01-2011 11:41 AM

Antelope Island would be a good defensible location.

Providing the walkers can't swim as they did as written in the World War Z book.

311LJ 12-01-2011 11:45 AM

moab has more water and animals then you would think. plus your right next to the la sal snow covered mountains you could go anywhere and there is not another large city within hundreds of miles!

I do like the island idea but its up by salt lake.. lots of them up there i'm sure...

00JGC00 12-01-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311WJ (Post 12598503)
.. lots of them up there i'm sure...

No, they're all in Provo. ;) haha

311LJ 12-01-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00JGC00

No, they're all in Provo. ;) haha

Rofl.. Agree'd

Us_against_one 12-01-2011 02:31 PM

I vote uinta mountains plenty of lakes rivers and old spanish gold mines not to mention wild life only problem is its almost impossible to get a vehicle of any kind in there. I would be more concerned about EMP ( electro magnetic pulse ) that would kill any car with a computer that's why I want to build my dooms day rig I'm thinking 76 Cherokee chief or 50' s willy wagon.

311LJ 12-01-2011 02:45 PM

I don't the the walkers will be doing EMP's :confused: but I guess we should prepare for everything

Us_against_one 12-01-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311WJ
I don't the the walkers will be doing EMP's :confused: but I guess we should prepare for everything

Your right the walking dead wont produce that but the terrorists might not to mention the sun is capable of the same thing ( Canada anyone).

Boreal 12-01-2011 05:06 PM

Somewhere off the beaten path for sure. Ideally more than 1 tank of fuel from I-15 or I-70, but that puts you REALLY out in the boonies. I'm planning on hunkering down where I'm at. We're right on 89, which means we'll probably have a mass exodus right down main street :( Lots of people won't want to fight the hordes on 15, so they'll head our way.

I've got my EMP ready rig in place:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...m/100_2038.jpg

Already sitting in its own Faraday cage for added protection :laugh: Only electronic on board is the glow plug controller card. I've got a spare sitting in a safe place, and if I have to, 2 pieces of wire and a button will bypass it altogether.

311LJ 12-01-2011 05:18 PM

I knew u were the one who I wanted to prepare with lol... If I move down there we will have to set up some preparedness plans lol if I can be included...

The time now is 11:30 PM.