%#@&* thieves - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > %#@&* thieves

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 02-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

%#@&* thieves

So last night I left work at 9:50 and about 5 minutes after leaving I noticed something was not right.

It turns out that my drivers side mirror was missing. Turned around and drove back to work. No broken glass where I was parked but I did find one of the 3 screws that hold the mirror on down on the ground. Needless to say I was pretty pissed.

I really don't want to shell out the $50 that I have found individual mirrors run. At one point I did have some aftermarket ones that I ran when I went doorless but I have no idea where they are. They do seem like they would work with or without the doors on.

Are there any places or junkyards in the SLC valley (say an hour north or south of downtown) that might have these?

Unread 02-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

That sucks Glen, I am sure your LP Department has a Camera aimed on the Lot maybe you can get a plate # of a car they were in.

I might have a Box in my attic with some parts off my YJ around here it had the same Mirrors as a 97-02 TJ I'll take a look for it IIRC I had a spare D/S Mirror , But I can not remember if I threw that box away when I moved.
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Glen, I looked for the box with the wrangler parts today. It appears that I have seemed to have throw it away.

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Hoobly_Goob
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Wait wait wait...
Who the heck steals a mirror?

Utah Jeep Crew
Hoobly_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Tuffjeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Check out www.daveysjeeps.com I have ordered OEM parts from them, they are very reasonable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrbear View Post
Destroyed it somehow..... It went wobble wobble wobble boom
Tuffjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
luv2offroad
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Of all the things availabe to steal, they chose a side mirror? Not very bright thieves.

Utah Jeep Forum #149
1998 Black XJ
1995 Green XJ -- rolled n sold :D
luv2offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #7
YJYNOTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Weird... I found replacement mirror for my liberty on ebay for around $45 I think, it's been a while. Dealer wanted over double.
YJYNOTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post

Are there any places or junkyards in the SLC valley (say an hour north or south of downtown) that might have these?
Spent a lot of time in lots like this when I was a teenager/college student trying to keep my cars on the road.
http://www.picknpull.com/
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah...it still baffles me as to how and why the mirror is missing. Now if indeed if fell off there are three screws about an inch long holding it on. If it was loose enough to the point where it just fell off on it's own I am pretty sure I would have noticed the mirror rattling around.

The fact that I found one screw on the ground where I was parked but no broken glass is odd. I guess someone needed a drived side mirror more than I did and happened to have a torx bit tool on hand to remove it.

Now I'm freaked out about what else could possibly be stolen off it. The doors, the battery, the winch? Looking at security options for those. In June of '11 my Jeep was broken into. Thankfully they just opened the unlocked doors and didn't cut the soft top. They got a maglite and some headphones. 3 weeks after that my apartment was broken into while I was at work. Needless to say the possibility that my mirror was stolen brought back a lot of those feelings of rage and helplessness from those incidents. I moved away from that apartment about 2 weeks later.

Might check out the pick n pull over the next 2 days as I am off work.

Thanks for all the replies and especially TOm for checking his Jeep parts stash.
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

That really sucks. Not many things are worse than having your personal space violated.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #11
iluvcowjuice
1979 CJ7 

If it makes you feel any better about the intelligence of your thieves, someone got into my CJ, and stole the lid to the center console (smitty built, the welds were broken on the hinge) and nothing else.
iluvcowjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #12
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i wasjust in provo recently and they stole my phone charger on the pass seat. nothing else. my center console was open but nothing missing from what i can tell. my passport was still in there. luckily i didnt have my tool box in there. head unit still there, cb radio still there.
PowderPusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
90lsturbo
scratches add character..

1984 CJ7 

http://www.quadratec.com/jeep-replac...tj-mirrors.php

ok im sorry glen, i needed the mirror for a secret project, gosh lol j/k thats ****ty bro, if it helps the cj is gone through all the time not that there is really much of anything in there to take but needless to say
1984 cj7- new rig and no rust lol

#89 UJC
"Real men dont let their friends drive prius's"
90lsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #14
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I did some checking around and found one on Amazon shipped for the same price without shipping from quadratec.

Also ordered some other security stuff.

I need to get a new 33x10.50/15 BFG AT soon. One of mine is almost done for.
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat
I did some checking around and found one on Amazon shipped for the same price without shipping from quadratec.

Also ordered some other security stuff.

I need to get a new 33x10.50/15 BFG AT soon. One of mine is almost done for.
Well I can't help with tires anymore I am out of the auto industry

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.