Searching for shop in Northern Utah - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Searching for shop in Northern Utah

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!

Unread 06-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
robhilife
2012 JK Wrangler 

Searching for shop in Northern Utah

Anyone have recommendations for a shop in Northern Utah (I live in Bountiful) that will install an AEV JK DualSport XT 2.5 suspension along with the Geometry correction Front Control Arm Drop Brackets?

If not, can anyone share what they paid for a similiar installation.

Many Thanks

Rob

robhilife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #2
Utah_Jay

2007 JK Wrangler 

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Impulse offroad in Salt Lake near 1300 South, Fat Bob's Garage in Layton to name a couple. There is also a guy in American Fork called "The Jeep Guy" who is reasonably priced.
Unread 06-30-2015, 11:14 AM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Moved from JK tech.

Dash mount for 2011-2015 JKs
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #4
duneslider
Web Wheeler
2007 JK Wrangler 

Why not do it yourself, save some cash, have fun, learn something, buy tools, what do you have to lose. The JK is really pretty easy to work on.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2015, 03:10 PM   #5
robhilife
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Jay View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Impulse offroad in Salt Lake near 1300 South, Fat Bob's Garage in Layton to name a couple. There is also a guy in American Fork called "The Jeep Guy" who is reasonably priced.
Thanks Utah Jay. Much appreciated. Just sent a message to "The Jeep Guy"
Unread 06-30-2015, 03:17 PM   #6
robhilife
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
Why not do it yourself, save some cash, have fun, learn something, buy tools, what do you have to lose. The JK is really pretty easy to work on.
To be honest, I would much rather do it myself and learn more about the JK and develop an appreciation for it. However, I've read on some forum it can take quite a bit of time if your not familiar with it (12+ hours). If I were to do it, I would prefer to learn with a mentor to show me the ropes.

Im still debating whether or not I want to attempt it. Thanks for the encouragement

Unread 07-06-2015, 09:20 AM   #7
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

I would call Fat Bobs in Layton, or Egan Auto in Kaysville. If there isn't any cutting and welding, I might be able to help you install it on a Saturday. I would have to look at the instructions and see how involved the install is.

After a lift install, an alignment is needed, as well as adjusting your headlights so you don't blind oncoming traffic.
Moab_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2015, 12:29 PM   #8
robhilife
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moab_cj5 View Post
I would call Fat Bobs in Layton, or Egan Auto in Kaysville. If there isn't any cutting and welding, I might be able to help you install it on a Saturday. I would have to look at the instructions and see how involved the install is.

After a lift install, an alignment is needed, as well as adjusting your headlights so you don't blind oncoming traffic.
Appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, I am still awaiting parts to be delivered from Quadratec. Apparently some of the items were on backorder

Unread 07-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #9
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhilife View Post
Appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, I am still awaiting parts to be delivered from Quadratec. Apparently some of the items were on backorder

I can't do it this Saturday, just saying I can possibly help on a Saturday (with enough notice).

When you have all of your parts, let me know, and I will look at the install instructions to see if it is something we can knock out in a day.
Unread 07-06-2015, 01:55 PM   #10
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

I just looked at the install instructions, and it wouldn't be terrible to install if everything comes apart ok. I can help you do it in my garage, or I can do it for you for a fee. You will still need an alignment afterward.

If you are interested, send me a PM and we can work out details.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.