Possible new rig!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Possible new rig!!

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Possible new rig!!

As many of you know, I sold my WJ and I'm looking at getting another Jeep to start working on. If you don't know who I am, here is a picture of the WJ I just sold. I had JK rubi axles and 35's. Its now located somewhere in the Salt Lake valley.

I had a 98 TJ in high school and have been wanting another one since. I've been searching for another one and I think I may have found one that will be perfect for what I want. Its a green 97 TJ that just got in a fender bender but the damage is minor. The jeep is most likely going to be totaled due to needing a new front axle so we are waiting to hear if we can have the owner do a buy-back and ill pay him a couple hundred over the buy back price.(He is wanting a newer wrangler anyway). The only body damage is the pass fender (which will be replaced by high-line fenders anyways) and thats it. Also, the front axle needs to be replaced, and I have family with several TJ front axles we can throw in there so thats not a problem. Here it is

97 TJ maunal 4.0 soft top with 150k

The plan is to drive it as is for a while and then as soon as I can buy my wife a nicer vehicle, I will DD her WJ and the TJ will be a non street legal toy
Once it is no longer needed for DD purposes, the plan is for high line front and comp cut rear, shaved 14 bolt & d60, stretched to about 108 inch wheel base, full hydro steering and probably 45's.. 42's at a minimum. and tons of other stuff but you get the idea.

What do you guys think?

I loved the WJ but it wasn't as capable as I wanted it to be and it had a unibody! Living in price, most of the trails are washes and require a small body to "try" to avoid body damage. So I made the decision to sell the WJ and start over.

and if I can't get this TJ for some reason, my search will continue for another wrecked TJ to buy cheap. and this one is very cheap!

BLACK04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
j33p4life
2008 JK Wrangler 

I like it! Sounds like a good plan!
XRC Front bumper, XRC-8 Winch SRC rock rails
j33p4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK04WJ
As many of you know, I sold my WJ and I'm looking at getting another Jeep to start working on. If you don't know who I am, here is a picture of the WJ I just sold. I had JK rubi axles and 35's. Its now located somewhere in the Salt Lake valley.

I had a 98 TJ in high school and have been wanting another one since. I've been searching for another one and I think I may have found one that will be perfect for what I want. Its a green 97 TJ that just got in a fender bender but the damage is minor. The jeep is most likely going to be totaled due to needing a new front axle so we are waiting to hear if we can have the owner do a buy-back and ill pay him a couple hundred over the buy back price.(He is wanting a newer wrangler anyway). The only body damage is the pass fender (which will be replaced by high-line fenders anyways) and thats it. Also, the front axle needs to be replaced, and I have family with several TJ front axles we can throw in there so thats not a problem. Here it is

97 TJ maunal 4.0 soft top with 150k

The plan is to drive it as is for a while and then as soon as I can buy my wife a nicer vehicle, I will DD her WJ and the TJ will be a non street legal toy
Once it is no longer needed for DD purposes, the plan is for high line front and comp cut rear, shaved 14 bolt & d60, stretched to about 108 inch wheel base, full hydro steering and probably 45's.. 42's at a minimum. and tons of other stuff but you get the idea.

What do you guys think?

I loved the WJ but it wasn't as capable as I wanted it to be and it had a unibody! Living in price, most of the trails are washes and require a small body to "try" to avoid body damage. So I made the decision to sell the WJ and start over.

and if I can't get this TJ for some reason, my search will continue for another wrecked TJ to buy cheap. and this one is very cheap!
My neighbor is selling his emerald green 97 Tj for 5300. It's a 2.5l/ax5 with ac full steel doors frameless soft top. 145k miles , 2" RC lift and 31" km2's
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

that's not bad, but I don't like the 2.5 at all.

plus the one in the pics I posted should be about half of what your neighbor is asking.
I have looked at it though. if I was set on doing an engine swap, that wouldn't be a bad way to go
Unread 08-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Tblack
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ill sell ya mine, You wont like the price, but you wont have to build it either. LOL!!!
Unread 08-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblack View Post
Ill sell ya mine, You wont like the price, but you wont have to build it either. LOL!!!
LMAO, what do you mean I won't have to build it?!
I have way bigger plans than what your build has right now lol
Unread 08-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
Tblack
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Have you seen it lately? That thing is unstoppable!!!
Unread 08-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

actually, no I havent.. but aren't you on like 33's still?
Unread 08-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #9
Tblack
2000 TJ Wrangler 

waiting for them to wear out. Then on to 35's. It will fit 37's easily now, but I dont think a standard wheel base TJ should be running 37's.
Unread 08-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

yeah, I'm going for like 45's with lots of cutting!
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #11
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Good lord. What trails around here need 45s? Just out of curiosity, not baggin or anything
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #12
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Brian, come to price and I'll show you! most of the trails need around 42's

this is what happens when your YJ isn't big enough.. haha

in all seriousness, most of the trails around me require about 40" and expect some body damage. we should plan a trip to price. there are several trails that smaller rigs can do (not that yours is small) and lots of really fun trails!
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #13
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

yeah i need to come down there. definitely want to run some of the trails. "Easier" is fine with me but i would like to go look at some of the harder big rig ones just to see what its all about.
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #14
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

also if you have more pics of these trails id like to see them. Im assuming large boulders and steep waterfall climbs?
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

there are tons of trails and our club goes out at least twice a month. we should plan a JF run to price utah. I know a trail that anyone could do and would like.
here are some pics I have
buggy on 47's

this is how YJ's lose windshields

Buggy on 54's

and yes, many waterfalls to play on

buggy on 47's

buggy on 54's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.