Possible FL to Moab trip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Possible FL to Moab trip

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
madmax79
I'm Old Gregg!

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Possible FL to Moab trip

Hopefully someone can pass some information along to me. I'm active duty in the National Guard and will be attending a course at Camp Williams in July 2009. I looks as though it is only a few hours from Moab.

Being a Florida boy, it's probably the only time I'll ever get that close to Moab. So, my plan was to take a couple days leave after the course is over and get my "once in a lifetime" experience.

I was hoping to rent a Jeep or hook up with some locals who may be willing to be my tour guides. Does this sound like a feasible plan and would anyone be interested? If so, please let me know.

Thanks.

Early YJ Club, Member #1, Check out our group: Early YJ Club

Quote:
Epic adventures usually start with something like: "I was looking at a topo map..."
www.matanzasjeepclub.com

Last edited by madmax79; 06-30-2009 at 12:44 PM..
madmax79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
plaidfro
1994 YJ Wrangler 

July in Moab is Hot... seriously hot easily 100+ degrees everyday. BUT if thats the only time you will get there, and want the moab experience I believe you can rent decently equipped jeeps for about $150 for a 24hr period. Not a bad deal for the jeep you get. I think my wife and I used the 'Farabee's Jeep Rental' brand before... they were Rubicons with suspension lifts 2"+, 32"+ tires, front & rear lockers, elec. sway bar disconnect.
plaidfro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
madmax79
I'm Old Gregg!

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. They had a cool website ad that price seems decent. I hope to find some other people to meet up with that are willing to brave the heat that time of year. That may be the only time I ever get there (at least in the near to mid-future). The military woulld be paying round trip airfare because of the course I have to take, so the only cost to me would be a couple nights at a hotel and renting a rig after the course ends.

Quote:
Epic adventures usually start with something like: "I was looking at a topo map..."
www.matanzasjeepclub.com
Unread 01-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

The big horn lodge is a nice and cheap hotel and right across the street from a couple of jeep rental places.
SurfnSnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
madmax79
I'm Old Gregg!

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The big horn lodge is a nice and cheap hotel and right across the street from a couple of jeep rental places.
I just made reservations @ Big Horn Lodge for 22-25 July. WooooHooooo!!!!

Quote:
www.matanzasjeepclub.com
Unread 06-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

i came back for there a few weeks ago you can rent jeeps everywhere there slickrock is so much fun!!! i cant wait to go back

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #7
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Big Horn Lodge for 22-25 July. WooooHooooo!!!!
Good choice... you will definitely enjoy the Big Horn. Its a nice place for the price. Farabee's is a good place as well. I have never heard of anyone having any trouble with them. In fact I was wheelin with a guy from Alabama that rented a Farabee's jeep a couple months ago. While wheelin he crushed the rear bumper which is plastic. I tried to help him fix it but had no luck since there sealed bumpers. He brought it back that way and said they were very nice about it and didn't charge him a dime extra. There are only a couple rental company's in town and so far they seem to be the best. Ohh and let me say this... you wont regret making this trip. Moab is truly a unique experience that you wont forget any time soon. There is something about slick rock that is just awesome. Also you might luck out with the heat. This year has been especially cool compared to most. It hasn't broke 100 yet, plus its dry heat so it isn't bad. Have a good trip
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #8
madmax79
I'm Old Gregg!

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Three More Days!!!

Quote:
www.matanzasjeepclub.com
Unread 07-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #9
Ricochet88
1993 ZJ 

man i wish i was going.....cant wait to go back

R.I.P. TROY EDWARDS "bigbluezj94"
Ricochet88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #10
madmax79
I'm Old Gregg!

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Pics and trip report...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/my-adventures-moab-827763/

Quote:
www.matanzasjeepclub.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.