Plasti Dipped My Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Plasti Dipped My Jeep

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 06-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
SLEVEN
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Plasti Dipped My Jeep

So I was bored today..... A friend of mine had ordered there sprayer along with gallons of white, black and grey paint. So I went there with the intent of going flat white but come to find out that they had shipped extra grey instead of white. Well we both were interested to see how this plasti dip would turn out so even though white was my intent our curriosity got the best of us and settled for grey. It was sooo easy, peels off just as videos show and leaves a perfect line as if it were masked, pretty much fool proof just as the videos show, so when the white comes in im going to mix some pear in along with the white and redo it. Here is a couple pics.

img_20130608_182654.jpg   img_20130608_182534.jpg  
SLEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
90lsturbo
scratches add character..

1984 CJ7 

looks good
1984 cj7- new rig and no rust lol

#89 UJC
"Real men dont let their friends drive prius's"
90lsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #3
240impala
2003 WJ 

Looks dang good

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-slow-but-getting-there-1153271/[/url]

IRO 6.5" lift, IRO Front long arms, rear iro adj upper a arm and adj rear lower, custom 4x4 fab front bumper, rough country winch, 15" crager soft 8's, procomp 35-12.50 tire, fenders trimmed KOR light bar, malone roof rack
240impala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:10 AM   #4
kellerexpress
2008 JK Wrangler 

Dude that turned out sick! Love plasti-dip
kellerexpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
SLEVEN
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys for the kind words. Im a big fan of this stuff.
Unread 06-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks good. I may plastidip the grille on the Yj
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
SLEVEN
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Looks good. I may plastidip the grille on the Yj
I can tell you that it holds up a lot better than a rattle can paint job on a grill. I was constantly repainting my grill on my truck flat black, plasti dipped it few months back and it still looks the same as the day I painted it.
Unread 06-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #8
Us_against_one
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEVEN

I can tell you that it holds up a lot better than a rattle can paint job on a grill. I was constantly repainting my grill on my truck flat black, plasti dipped it few months back and it still looks the same as the day I painted it.
Did the sprayer require a air compressor? If it doesn't I may just do mine.
Us_against_one is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
SLEVEN
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well the sprayer you order on there site comes with an electric type of compressor, its like a small shop vac with the hose attached to blow. So no need for air compressor
Unread 06-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
311LJ
311Popo

2004 LJ Wrangler 

know how much a set up would cost? I've been debating this for a while. I am wanting to repaint my entire jeep one color but haven't decided what. i'm leaning keeping the red. I have been wanting to plastidip to see what it looks like without making the mistake of painting the jeep the wrong color and hating it..

any pics during your process? i want to come see your jeep...
07 WK Overland, Hemi, Chrome bug deflector
[SOLD] Jimmer 01 WJ *2009 GCOTY* WJ Build Thread
*UTAH JEEPCREW #01*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffjeeper View Post
I ♡ John
311LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #11
SLEVEN
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311LJ View Post
know how much a set up would cost? I've been debating this for a while. I am wanting to repaint my entire jeep one color but haven't decided what. i'm leaning keeping the red. I have been wanting to plastidip to see what it looks like without making the mistake of painting the jeep the wrong color and hating it..

any pics during your process? i want to come see your jeep...
You can get everything you need including paint/plasti dip for 250-300. That comes with sprayer, the so called air pump to power the spray, blue tape " EVERYTHING". I just sprayed the silver metalizer over the grey because I wasnt too please with the flat grey color (it looks good on a new gtr or lambo but on a 97 tj it looks like primer). The matalizer made it look like a fishing lure, gave it more of a gloss and added large metalic flakes. I like it alot better. I can try and post a pic in a few but pics dont do it justice. I didnt get any pics of the process but you can come see it any time and I can explane the process. Just shoot me a pm
Unread 06-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #12
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Very cool. I'm looking forward to seeing this in Moab.

I put down Monstaliner in the tub and on the front grill and have been toying with doing the entire exterior. It's the prep work nightmare that would stop me from Monsta-ing the exterior.
Unread 06-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #13
SLEVEN
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
Very cool. I'm looking forward to seeing this in Moab.

I put down Monstaliner in the tub and on the front grill and have been toying with doing the entire exterior. It's the prep work nightmare that would stop me from Monsta-ing the exterior.
I am very much looking forward to upcoming moab trip!

I hear ya, I herculined my tub in and out under all the armor. It is a chore. Entire exterior would be nice to have done for so many reasons.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.