JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Utah Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f319/)
-   -   Plasti Dipped My Jeep (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f319/plasti-dipped-my-jeep-1533982/)

SLEVEN 06-08-2013 06:30 PM

Plasti Dipped My Jeep

2 Attachment(s)
So I was bored today..... A friend of mine had ordered there sprayer along with gallons of white, black and grey paint. So I went there with the intent of going flat white but come to find out that they had shipped extra grey instead of white. Well we both were interested to see how this plasti dip would turn out so even though white was my intent our curriosity got the best of us and settled for grey. It was sooo easy, peels off just as videos show and leaves a perfect line as if it were masked, pretty much fool proof just as the videos show, so when the white comes in im going to mix some pear in along with the white and redo it. Here is a couple pics.

90lsturbo 06-08-2013 06:49 PM

looks good

240impala 06-08-2013 06:57 PM

Looks dang good

kellerexpress 06-09-2013 02:10 AM

Dude that turned out sick! Love plasti-dip

SLEVEN 06-09-2013 09:26 AM

Thanks guys for the kind words. Im a big fan of this stuff.

Tom95YJ 06-09-2013 09:58 AM

Looks good. I may plastidip the grille on the Yj

SLEVEN 06-09-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom95YJ (Post 15538484)
Looks good. I may plastidip the grille on the Yj

I can tell you that it holds up a lot better than a rattle can paint job on a grill. I was constantly repainting my grill on my truck flat black, plasti dipped it few months back and it still looks the same as the day I painted it.

Us_against_one 06-10-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLEVEN

I can tell you that it holds up a lot better than a rattle can paint job on a grill. I was constantly repainting my grill on my truck flat black, plasti dipped it few months back and it still looks the same as the day I painted it.

Did the sprayer require a air compressor? If it doesn't I may just do mine.

SLEVEN 06-10-2013 05:19 PM

Well the sprayer you order on there site comes with an electric type of compressor, its like a small shop vac with the hose attached to blow. So no need for air compressor

311LJ 06-11-2013 02:07 PM

know how much a set up would cost? I've been debating this for a while. I am wanting to repaint my entire jeep one color but haven't decided what. i'm leaning keeping the red. I have been wanting to plastidip to see what it looks like without making the mistake of painting the jeep the wrong color and hating it..

any pics during your process? i want to come see your jeep...

SLEVEN 06-11-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311LJ (Post 15548238)
know how much a set up would cost? I've been debating this for a while. I am wanting to repaint my entire jeep one color but haven't decided what. i'm leaning keeping the red. I have been wanting to plastidip to see what it looks like without making the mistake of painting the jeep the wrong color and hating it..

any pics during your process? i want to come see your jeep...

You can get everything you need including paint/plasti dip for 250-300. That comes with sprayer, the so called air pump to power the spray, blue tape " EVERYTHING". I just sprayed the silver metalizer over the grey because I wasnt too please with the flat grey color (it looks good on a new gtr or lambo but on a 97 tj it looks like primer). The matalizer made it look like a fishing lure, gave it more of a gloss and added large metalic flakes. I like it alot better. I can try and post a pic in a few but pics dont do it justice. I didnt get any pics of the process but you can come see it any time and I can explane the process. Just shoot me a pm

Polecat 06-11-2013 10:45 PM

Very cool. I'm looking forward to seeing this in Moab.

I put down Monstaliner in the tub and on the front grill and have been toying with doing the entire exterior. It's the prep work nightmare that would stop me from Monsta-ing the exterior.

SLEVEN 06-11-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polecat (Post 15550440)
Very cool. I'm looking forward to seeing this in Moab.

I put down Monstaliner in the tub and on the front grill and have been toying with doing the entire exterior. It's the prep work nightmare that would stop me from Monsta-ing the exterior.

I am very much looking forward to upcoming moab trip!

I hear ya, I herculined my tub in and out under all the armor. It is a chore. Entire exterior would be nice to have done for so many reasons.

The time now is 03:43 PM.