New owner, need parts to pass safety. - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > New owner, need parts to pass safety.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 03-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
sanctified
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WVC, UT
Posts: 431
New owner, need parts to pass safety.

Hey guys, I bought my '83 CJ7 last weekend from someone who had it down in Richfield for a while. I didn't spend much on it and am paying for it now. I failed my safety and emissions on Wednesday but it should be pretty easy to get everything in order.

I ordered most of the stuff I need (wiper fluid tank, wiper post clip, ect.) but I "need" a bumper. I don't have the $$$ to buy what I want right now so I am hoping one of you have some bumperettes laying around that I can install on my rear end to pass. I don't care what model they are off of since I will make them work and they won't be on for more than a couple hours. I also need mud flaps but I don't imagine anyone has those they want to get rid of.

Also, anyone have experience with Kar Klinic off of 3300ish South and 300 West? When I drove by to get my temp tag I saw they have painted on their building "CJ Jeep Parts." I called but whoever handles the Jeep stuf was out of town, probably at the safari. I guess I wonder if they stock parts or just can order them in if you need something.

__________________
2013 JK Sport (see info on left)
FOR SALE: ($3,500) 1983 CJ7, 258-I6, 32/36 Weber Carb, 32x11.5x15 tires, SOA
Utah Jeep Crew #178
sanctified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
tjohnson88
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Jordan, UT
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanctified View Post
Hey guys, I bought my '83 CJ7 last weekend from someone who had it down in Richfield for a while. I didn't spend much on it and am paying for it now. I failed my safety and emissions on Wednesday but it should be pretty easy to get everything in order.

I ordered most of the stuff I need (wiper fluid tank, wiper post clip, ect.) but I "need" a bumper. I don't have the $$$ to buy what I want right now so I am hoping one of you have some bumperettes laying around that I can install on my rear end to pass. I don't care what model they are off of since I will make them work and they won't be on for more than a couple hours. I also need mud flaps but I don't imagine anyone has those they want to get rid of.

Also, anyone have experience with Kar Klinic off of 3300ish South and 300 West? When I drove by to get my temp tag I saw they have painted on their building "CJ Jeep Parts." I called but whoever handles the Jeep stuf was out of town, probably at the safari. I guess I wonder if they stock parts or just can order them in if you need something.
I do have some Bumperettes off a 94 YJ. I was eventually going to throw them away but if you really want them they are yours. I'm leaving for Jeep Safari today so if by next week you haven't got something we could work something out.
__________________
94 YJ
4 inch RE lift, 5/8 shackles, 33 by 12.5 Goodyear MTRs, Ford 8.8 Rear, 4.88s, Detroit Locker
tjohnson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
YJYNOTJ
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Saratoga Springs, Utah
Posts: 179
I have a YJ front bumper and a TJ rear bumper just sitting in my garage both are yours for the price of picking them up.
__________________
2003 TJ Rubicon
93 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
08 Liberty KK – 245/75R16 | 3.5 front 2.5 rear RockKrawler Lift
YJYNOTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
sanctified
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WVC, UT
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJYNOTJ View Post
I have a YJ front bumper and a TJ rear bumper just sitting in my garage both are yours for the price of picking them up.
That would be awesome! Are you going to be around tomorrow (SAT) so I could pick them up? I'll PM you my #. Thanks.
__________________
2013 JK Sport (see info on left)
FOR SALE: ($3,500) 1983 CJ7, 258-I6, 32/36 Weber Carb, 32x11.5x15 tires, SOA
Utah Jeep Crew #178
sanctified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
90lsturbo
scratches add character..
 
90lsturbo's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: West Jordan, UT
Posts: 896
Hit me up for your safety I have ways arons things lol
__________________
2000 subaru legacy waggy-DD
1993 zj-sold
1981 cj5- traded
1984 cj7- new rig and no rust lol

#89 UJC
"Real men dont let their friends drive prius's"
90lsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 7,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lsturbo
Hit me up for your safety I have ways arons things lol
Yes , yes you do, my Xj mysteriously passed saftey without mudflaps and fender flares. :whistle:

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
sanctified
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WVC, UT
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lsturbo View Post
Hit me up for your safety I have ways arons things lol
Tried to send you a pm ( don't want to broadcast your location here) but it said you have exceeded your pm allocation.
__________________
2013 JK Sport (see info on left)
FOR SALE: ($3,500) 1983 CJ7, 258-I6, 32/36 Weber Carb, 32x11.5x15 tires, SOA
Utah Jeep Crew #178
sanctified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #8
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
 
Tom95YJ's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 7,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanctified

Tried to send you a pm ( don't want to broadcast your location here) but it said you have exceeded your pm allocation.
Sent you a PM with his info

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum
__________________
'89 YJ The Smurf Build Thread
'99 XJ Black Betty Build Thread
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #9
boatsandhose
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: North Logan, UT
Posts: 130
I have a YJ front bumper with d ring tabs welded on and also some rear bumperettes that are yours if you want em. You can have my mudflaps and my rear bumper (they have to go together, only way they fit) if you return them before next March so I can pass inspection.
__________________
90 YJ 2.5L Posilock, metalcloak front bumper, superwinch lp8500, teraflex hand throttle, genright rocker gaurds, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s. Swaybar and Trackbar MIA.
boatsandhose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #10
sanctified
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WVC, UT
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatsandhose View Post
You can have my mudflaps and my rear bumper (they have to go together, only way they fit) if you return them before next March so I can pass inspection.
Thats funny- I am starting to see a pattern forming that this is going to be a yearly ordeal, swapping parts for inspection. My front end is good to go as I had no issues. I may take you up on the bumperettes though. Where are you at, all you show is "Northern Utah?" I'll PM you my # to get details.

I have been in contact with a few other generous people as well but seems like they have fallen through or may be too much work on my part to get the pieces to fit.
__________________
2013 JK Sport (see info on left)
FOR SALE: ($3,500) 1983 CJ7, 258-I6, 32/36 Weber Carb, 32x11.5x15 tires, SOA
Utah Jeep Crew #178
sanctified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #11
90lsturbo
scratches add character..
 
90lsturbo's Avatar
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: West Jordan, UT
Posts: 896
My yearly expired hense the allotted amount is full 8015032596 hit me up
__________________
2000 subaru legacy waggy-DD
1993 zj-sold
1981 cj5- traded
1984 cj7- new rig and no rust lol

#89 UJC
"Real men dont let their friends drive prius's"
90lsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
sanctified
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WVC, UT
Posts: 431
No sweat, one of your buddies PMed me your info but I didn't end up needing it. I realized I qualified for antique plates so I went that route. Thanks though.
__________________
2013 JK Sport (see info on left)
FOR SALE: ($3,500) 1983 CJ7, 258-I6, 32/36 Weber Carb, 32x11.5x15 tires, SOA
Utah Jeep Crew #178
sanctified is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.