New guy from Ogden/Layton area! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > New guy from Ogden/Layton area!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 12-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
chrismonson

New guy from Ogden/Layton area!

Hey everyone, live in Ogden, work in layton right across from the new Fat Bobs Garage. Previously owned an 06 Grand Cherokee but just picked up a 2000 Cherokee XJ. Planning on making that my "toy" and have already had Fat Bobs help me out a little. Hope to learn all of the knowledge on here, and hopefully meet and wheel with some of you!

-Chris

photo.jpg  
chrismonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Looks like a fun toy.

It also looks like it has incredible climbing skills...that parking lot must be 70 degrees
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
chrismonson

haha wow just realized that picture is HUGE. how do i fix that?
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
Crispynuggets
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I live in layton. If you ever see a silver XJ with an astronaut sticker on the back window thats me. Say high, I've been looking for some northern jeeping buddies.

Purifying our souls in the waters of Lake Minnetonka using JeepForum
Crispynuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
chrismonson

Awesome! I'm sure I've seen you before! I work at young Chevrolet so I basically live in Layton..
Unread 12-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

We're getting quite the crowd up here. Now, to find somewhere nearby to wheel...lol. I'm up near the mouth of Weber Canyon, with a stock JK. Red, with a Jack in the Box antenna ball and an Oklahoma dealer's tire cover.

Chris, you can resize it in any photo manipulation program (microsoft picture manager is the one I usually use) or even Outlook...right click, send to, mail recipient, pick your size, then just drag from the email and drop it where you want it. Outlook will do multiple images at once, which is awesome.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
Crispynuggets
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismonson View Post
Awesome! I'm sure I've seen you before! I work at young Chevrolet so I basically live in Layton..
I think i saw your XJ or one similar parked on the backside of there quick lube across from Home Depot.

Purifying our souls in the waters of Lake Minnetonka using JeepForum
Crispynuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #8
Us_against_one
1999 WJ 

We could always wheel at the B I thought about making a thread about going there instead of going south on New Year's Day.
Us_against_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
skwash
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome to the group!

I'm in West Point / Clearfield area and also drive a Red 00' XJ
Utah JeepCrew #66
CURRENT - 00 XJ Cherokee Sport - 4.0 - 3in Lift
GONE - 82 Cherokee Laredo - AMC 360 - D44 w/Posi - D60 w/Detroit - 6in lift
skwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
chrismonson

Yeah it was probably at fast track getting oil leaks taken care of haha I'm up for going up to the B anytime! Love goin up there. Farmington canyon is back open as well..
Unread 12-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
flnbar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwash View Post
Welcome to the group!

I'm in West Point / Clearfield area and also drive a Red 00' XJ
WTH?! How have I not seen you!? haha. My jeep is garaged most of the time and daily drive a dark tan tundra with tinted windows.

BTW, WELCOME, Chris! the north is getting popular, eh?
Unread 12-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
SRKTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome aboard, my name is TJ. I live in the Bountiful area and wheel at the B more than I would like to admit haha. As soon as the snow melts we should do a run up there. Check out my jeep club in my signature too if you are interested in joining one!
www.facebook.com/saltyrockkrawlers
SRKTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
chrismonson

Awesome! Nice to meet all you guys. Can't wait for spring and do a lot of wheeling. Today, I ordered the rough country bumper. Now saving for a winch! Anyone know where a good deal on a 9,500lb winch is?
Unread 12-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #14
flnbar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure if it's the best deal, but could be worth it...There is a 4WD shop located on Redwood Rd in SLC, you can save yourself on shipping by having it sent for free to that store. All you'd have to do is pick it up. I think they price match too, so that may be helpful. I've found a few parts here and there that made them worth it. Although, I usually look at other sites first.
Unread 12-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #15
skwash
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnbar
WTH?! How have I not seen you!? haha. My jeep is garaged most of the time and daily drive a dark tan tundra with tinted windows.
To be fair I've only had this Jeep for a couple months, and I don't drive it as often as I would like to. Where in WP are you? I'm like 2000 W and 550 N
Utah JeepCrew #66
CURRENT - 00 XJ Cherokee Sport - 4.0 - 3in Lift
GONE - 82 Cherokee Laredo - AMC 360 - D44 w/Posi - D60 w/Detroit - 6in lift
skwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.