New Guy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > New Guy

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
PrinothPro
1990 YJ Wrangler 

New Guy

So, I just arrived last night from very long road trip in my YJ from Boston to Park City. It has been fun and eventual driving the YJ with a trailer.I just wanted to say hi to fellow jeepers around Park City and make some friends.

By the way, I was traveling on I 80 and got caught in snowstorm and discovered my 4wd wasn't working. Seems like transfer case isn't engaging. I have removed vacuum system and flip the c-clip over over a year ago. Worked fine last winter until now.

Anybody around who is willing to take a look at my YJ? I got a case of beer.

PrinothPro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
85IrocZ-28
1999 WJ 

Towing a trailer...it sounds like you have moved here, not just on Vacation. If so, welcome!

Hopefully some of the YJ guys can help answer your question.
*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY --- [URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-yeti-abominable-wj-1125665/]Project Yeti Build Thread[/URL]
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
PrinothPro
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yep just moved here. I already introduced myself in the Utah introduction thread but I figured I could start a new thread here in hopes finding new jeep friends and figure out my 4wd all into one thread.
Unread 12-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
luv2offroad
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome! Glad we could welcome you with some fresh snow.

Utah Jeep Forum #149
1998 Black XJ
1995 Green XJ -- rolled n sold :D
luv2offroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinothPro View Post
So, I just arrived last night from very long road trip in my YJ from Boston to Park City. It has been fun and eventual driving the YJ with a trailer.I just wanted to say hi to fellow jeepers around Park City and make some friends.

By the way, I was traveling on I 80 and got caught in snowstorm and discovered my 4wd wasn't working. Seems like transfer case isn't engaging. I have removed vacuum system and flip the c-clip over over a year ago. Worked fine last winter until now.

Anybody around who is willing to take a look at my YJ? I got a case of beer.
When you say "I have removed vacuum system and flip the c-clip over over a year ago." what do you mean exactly? Do you mean you removed the CAD system on the front axle? Did you swap out the 2 piece shaft for a 1 piece or did you just lock the fork into the engaged position? One of the first things you could try that will be easy is put your jeep into 4wd, drive it slow while someone on the outside watches your front driveline, if its spinning then your transfercase is probably fine. You could also put it in 2wd and have someone make sure the driveshaft is not spinning as well.
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Or put it in 2WD and try turning the front drive shaft. If it spins free, the front axle isn't engaged.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

whats up! my name is colby. im in pc too. you cant miss me cause im always driving all over this place and up at canyons 6-7 days a week. post a pic so i know who you are when i see you. if you see me parked, dont hesitate to introduce yourself. i need to find more jeepers around here. all the local jeep owners are too stuck up to wave. D**ks!!!!!

PowderPusher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
PrinothPro
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderPusher View Post
whats up! my name is colby. im in pc too. you cant miss me cause im always driving all over this place and up at canyons 6-7 days a week. post a pic so i know who you are when i see you. if you see me parked, dont hesitate to introduce yourself. i need to find more jeepers around here. all the local jeep owners are too stuck up to wave. D**ks!!!!!
Well sounds like we are gonna see each other very often, I work at the canyons. My yj is very recognizable with red grill and hood with black tub. Can't miss it especially with Massachusetts plates. My name is Zach heres the most recent picture of YJ. I took it just outside of Chicago on the way to here.
[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well sounds like we are gonna see each other very often, I work at the canyons. My yj is very recognizable with red grill and hood with black tub. Can't miss it especially with Massachusetts plates. My name is Zach heres the most recent picture of YJ. I took it just outside of Chicago on the way to here.
what do you do here at canyons? i work over in the sundial lodge doing maintenance for all seasons resort lodging. im here almost everyday either snowboarding or working fri-sundays. we will have to get a beer sometime. unless your morman
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
PrinothPro
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
what do you do here at canyons? i work over in the sundial lodge doing maintenance for all seasons resort lodging. im here almost everyday either snowboarding or working fri-sundays. we will have to get a beer sometime. unless your morman
Grooming. I work graves 11-9 am. We def get a beer. I love beer..
Unread 12-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
YJYNOTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

When I had my YJ had the opposite, one day the vacum pump wouldn't shut off when shifted out of 4WD. I've heard from searching around when I had the problem it's fairly common with the vacum switch to have problems both ways. Finally gave up and plugged the hose off and installed a posi lock cable, wasn't too hard.
YJYNOTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
PowderPusher
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Grooming. I work graves 11-9 am. We def get a beer. I love beer..
you riding tomorrow? ill be here first chair looking to get onto condor! ive been riding pow for the past two days and i have 2 more days left till i have to work 5-12hr shifts
Unread 12-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #13
Hoobly_Goob
1991 YJ Wrangler 

If yours can make it from Boston, then surely mine can make it from Kansas, right?
Right?

Utah Jeep Crew
Hoobly_Goob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #14
PrinothPro
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
you riding tomorrow? ill be here first chair looking to get onto condor! ive been riding pow for the past two days and i have 2 more days left till i have to work 5-12hr shifts
Wish I could. I have tons of errands to do today.
Unread 12-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #15
PrinothPro
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoobly_Goob View Post
If yours can make it from Boston, then surely mine can make it from Kansas, right?
Right?
yeah man of course. just expect it to take longer. Headwinds were really hard on the jeep.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.