Need to get off the pavement. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Need to get off the pavement.

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwash
Ended up buying a 2000 XJ with 112k miles. Has a 3" Procomp lift, that that appears to be about it, but is otherwise in decent enough shape. Needs a few minor things, like a new seat up front, hatch locking mechanism, and a couple other odds and ends. Nothing a trip to Pick n Pull won't fix.
Good luck finding a 97+ Xj in a salvage yard I looked for some a few months back and couldn't find one. But when ever your down for some wheeling be sure to post

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum

Unread 11-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #17
skwash
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Pick N Pull looks like it has 3 97+ XJ's. Well at least from what their online inventory says..

After pulling apart the hatch, it looks like I don't need a part anyway, just had to make some adjustments. I've heard I can swap out the front seats with ZJ seats without modification, so I may end up doing that.

Look forward to wheeling with the crew again! Going to spend the winter getting all the small stuff done, then buy some decent tires in the spring.

Great looking XJ Tom!
Utah JeepCrew #66
CURRENT - 00 XJ Cherokee Sport - 4.0 - 3in Lift
GONE - 82 Cherokee Laredo - AMC 360 - D44 w/Posi - D60 w/Detroit - 6in lift
skwash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #18
skwash
2000 XJ Cherokee 

How do you like your Bilstein 5100 Shocks? The current shocks are pretty much toast, and those were the exact model I was looking at.
Utah JeepCrew #66
CURRENT - 00 XJ Cherokee Sport - 4.0 - 3in Lift
GONE - 82 Cherokee Laredo - AMC 360 - D44 w/Posi - D60 w/Detroit - 6in lift
skwash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #19
Tuffjeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'll chime in for Teraflex 9550 shocks. Lifetime warranty, and factory like ride. Love 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrbear View Post
Destroyed it somehow..... It went wobble wobble wobble boom
Tuffjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #20
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwash
How do you like your Bilstein 5100 Shocks? The current shocks are pretty much toast, and those were the exact model I was looking at.
I love them if they break I take then off and get them warrantied and if I want I can have them sent to Bilstein to be re valved

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.