Need Advice for First Trip to Moab - Essentials for the Trail - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Need Advice for First Trip to Moab - Essentials for the Trail

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
Moab_cj5
2010 JK Wrangler 

Elephant Hill is one of my favorite trails. While many on here call it easy, (for a newb it has some pucker factor to it), it is well worth the trip IMO. While it isn't as challenging as other trails, it is VERY scenic, and fun. For people that want a little challange and a lot of scenery, it is great. Fins is fun, Gemini Bridges is Fun, Long Canyon is Fun, all fairly easy with some scenery.

Have fun. It is good you love heat because there will plenty of it that time of year out on the rocks with little to no shade. You'll love the scenery though, no matter where you go.

Moab_cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #17
babysvt
2014 JK Wrangler 

I am totally okay with a little pucker factor. I love to see how far I can push a fast car on a road coarse (I am a speed freak)! Although, I am sure it will be a different kind of pucker factor situation! I am up for the challenge.

Really appreciate the input!

2014 "Copperhead" Rubicon Unlimited
"Silly Boys Jeeps Are For Girls"
babysvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
turbospartan
2012 WK 

Hey guys, don't normally post over here in the Utah thread but figured I'd try to get an idea of what you all think I could handle in Moab, in a WK2 Grand Cherokee with QT-II (4-low) and 20" Nitto Terra Grapplers. Thoughts? I'd like to do some cool slick rock, "what Moab is known for" type trails.

After some previous research, I had planned to hit Gemini Bridges and the Schafer Trail, Long Canyon, Bull Canyon, etc. Most of these are 2/3/4 ratings on TrailDamage.

Thoughts? Proof below that Wk2's can handle portions of Moab:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL1tJbNJqpc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RZlCjil4vM
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #19
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Someone had a wk2 on eye of whale and tower arch trail when I was there in April. But eye of whale may be impassable this late in the season.
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #20
babysvt
2014 JK Wrangler 

So we are getting ready to head out and I wanted to thank everyone again for all of the great information. If anyone's plans have changed and you will be in the Moab area this Saturday or Sunday, please let me know. We would love to have someone to go offroad with. We plan on actually arriving late Friday so we may have enough time to go explore the milder areas.

Thanks again! We are both very excited!

2014 "Copperhead" Rubicon Unlimited
"Silly Boys Jeeps Are For Girls"
babysvt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.