Moab Trip Oct 18-20...UJC Social? :) - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > Moab Trip Oct 18-20...UJC Social? :)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 10-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #61
j33p4life
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ya im excited to watch that one and rock chucker, just trying to get a few things set up so I can go... If I do go what spare parts do you guys mostly carry? I'm gonna get some spare u-joints, but anything's else that you would recommend as a necessity?

XRC Front bumper, XRC-8 Winch SRC rock rails
j33p4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #62
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Fluids, tools, ujoints, fuses, spare shafts if you have them(i never took any), and ubolts. I say ubolts because thats what i broke last time and no one had them. Each time im down there it seems i break the one thing that 4x4 mecca doesnt carry.

Oh and also i would say take the mindset that you are going to be driving your rig back home so as they say, dont just wheel for the day wheel for the week. Basically if something looks too sketchy dont do it, drive smart, use spotters.
"YJ's are for poor people" - Brian
team1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #63
j33p4life
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ok cool! Thanks Brian!
XRC Front bumper, XRC-8 Winch SRC rock rails
j33p4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #64
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I guess the more I read this thread.. the more I need to start working on my camera skills since im not going to be taking the WJ on most of the trails!! I really wish I could pull the trigger and order slidesr but it will have to wait. at least everyone going but me will have some good photos of their rigs in action!
BLACK04WJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #65
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK04WJ View Post
I guess the more I read this thread.. the more I need to start working on my camera skills since im not going to be taking the WJ on most of the trails!! I really wish I could pull the trigger and order slidesr but it will have to wait. at least everyone going but me will have some good photos of their rigs in action!
lol dont worry about it. Sliders are ideal yeah but id have no problem running without them on posion spider, hells revenge, fins and things, chicken corners, lockhart basin, long canyon, onion creek, or dome plateau just to name a few. In fact my friend ran them all on 31s in his comanche which would have a worse breakover angle then your WJ. Metal masher is just one i remember that chute on and thinking how it would suck to smash a rocker on it. That was 2 years ago though.

Mainly just make sure you have a spotter in a few sticky spots, dont try any crazy obstacles that are obtional, and you will be fine.
Unread 10-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #66
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds good, I would really like to run the trails but I dont want to ruin the rocker right before Im going to be getting the sliders. I may end up trying, who knows!

Not sure if you know the trail or not.. but i ran Pickle in my WJ on 33's with no fender trimming haha. I made it too!! Im not sure how that trail is rated but I thought it was pretty tough.. enough so that if I would have seen the trail before I ran it, I would have said no. All of the wranglers were impressed though they kept making fun of some of the other rigs saying "you just got out-wheeled by a minivan"
Unread 10-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #67
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Heres the section im talking about. Its called mirror gluch. I couldnt find a picture that showed the narrow squeeze right before the ledge very well but you get the idea. Thats really the only section of trail that comes to mind where sliders would be a pretty good idea to keep safe.

Again this was 2 years ago and i was on 32s so time may have changed.
mirror-1.jpg   mirror-3.jpg   mirror2.jpg   mirror4.jpg  
Unread 10-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #68
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK04WJ View Post
Sounds good, I would really like to run the trails but I dont want to ruin the rocker right before Im going to be getting the sliders. I may end up trying, who knows!

Not sure if you know the trail or not.. but i ran Pickle in my WJ on 33's with no fender trimming haha. I made it too!! Im not sure how that trail is rated but I thought it was pretty tough.. enough so that if I would have seen the trail before I ran it, I would have said no. All of the wranglers were impressed though they kept making fun of some of the other rigs saying "you just got out-wheeled by a minivan"

If you ran pickle with no sliders then i dont think any of these trails will be any more challenging. Mirror gulch is just one obstacle i remember clipping my sliders on.
Unread 10-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #69
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by team1k View Post
If you ran pickle with no sliders then i dont think any of these trails will be any more challenging. Mirror gulch is just one obstacle i remember clipping my sliders on.
Sounds good! I did touch the lower pinch seam on one obstacle but it was very minor. Thanks for the advice!
Unread 10-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #70
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Is anyone else trailering their rig down there? Ive never done it before so im not sure what places are trailer friendly.
Unread 10-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #71
BLACK04WJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have stayed at moab rim campground and they had plenty of room for a trailer and tow rig not sure what their pricing is like.. i went with a group and it was like 8 a night as a group rate.
Unread 10-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #72
clgielin
2003 WJ 

Riverside Oasis has trailer parking also. They are $23 and change a night after tax. They have clean bathrooms and showers, and their tent sites are thick grass.

2003 WJ 4.7L
Build Thread Here: 2003 WJ
Michigan Tech Jeepers #4
Utah JeepCrew #16
clgielin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #73
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet thanks guys. Have you settled on what trails what days? I would be coming down thursday morning, be in moab before noon is the plan, and would be up for a run. Ive done metal masher before and would be up to doing it again. Friday and Saturday ive got other plans but could be up for an easier shorter trail sunday if you guys are running anything that day?
Unread 10-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #74
Boreal
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Grr. My Jeep will be back on the road soon, but not soon enough for this adventure
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #75
team1k
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Grr. My Jeep will be back on the road soon, but not soon enough for this adventure
I told you i would put that axle in within half a day. Whats taking you so long?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.