MOAB...trails.....Jeep rental - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Utah Jeep Forum > MOAB...trails.....Jeep rental

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 03-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
GMC7000
1997 TJ Wrangler 

MOAB...trails.....Jeep rental

sorry guys this is probably the wrong forum, but you have always had the fastest response time and are a good crowd

1) last minute trip to MOAB worth it?

2) renting a Jeep can you have a good time/experience?
any suggestions companies etc?

3) would like to rent something out of Salt Lake (then no need for rental car) but it seems that all rentals seem to be in MOAB

4) can I occupy 4 days or so easily enough in MOAB?

5) any suggestions trails etc other things to do....

I am thinking about leaving last minute tuesday through SAT (right before big rally)

thanks any information would be nice

GMC7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
Tim
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC7000 View Post
sorry guys this is probably the wrong forum, but you have always had the fastest response time and are a good crowd
true

Quote:
1) last minute trip to MOAB worth it?
yup

Quote:
2) renting a Jeep can you have a good time/experience?
any suggestions companies etc?
uh-huh

Quote:
3) would like to rent something out of Salt Lake (then no need for rental car) but it seems that all rentals seem to be in MOAB
i would rent in moab..

Quote:
4) can I occupy 4 days or so easily enough in MOAB?
yup. go inot a few stores and in one of them you will find a book by charles wells... camp grounds sometimes stock them too

Quote:
5) any suggestions trails etc other things to do....

I am thinking about leaving last minute tuesday through SAT (right before big rally)

thanks any information would be nice
there is plenty to do.it depends on your experience and what rig you drive. the rental company will tell you what trails you are allowed to go on with their jeeps...
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
GMC7000
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanks Tim

since i first posted a few mintues ago I have booked the trip...

just need to reserve the Jeep now.........

hard to explain I had a airline voucher about to expire..................

and did not think I could break free from work.....but it happened so I decided to book this trip this morning......

now I need to reserve Jeep and pick trails...

the guy at the Jeep rental said I could use it to go through Hell's Revenge....the name alone tells me it is probably over my head

thanks
Unread 03-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
GMC7000
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I will start reading about trails....

BTW TJ guys.........I have a TJ locked etc....

for the rental would you rent a J/K to try something different?

or a TJ so you are driving what you are used to?
Unread 03-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
Tim
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hells revenge is fun. there are a few things you may or may not want to do depending on what you like. i would get a tj
Unread 03-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
cj847
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I went last summer and rented a JK Rubicon in Moab. Had a blast. They limited what trails you could go on. Fins and Things was one of my favorites (although not particularly difficult). Scenery is amazing. The traction on slickrock is increadible. Have fun!
Unread 03-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #7
GMC7000
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
hells revenge is fun. there are a few things you may or may not want to do depending on what you like. i would get a tj
once again thanks Tim.

I changed my mind on which rental company to use, the one I chose only rents new rubicons, so I will give a JK a try.

yea all I know about Hell's Revenge is watching that green Jeep flip on "Hell's Gate"
Unread 03-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
GMC7000
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj847 View Post
I went last summer and rented a JK Rubicon in Moab. Had a blast. They limited what trails you could go on. Fins and Things was one of my favorites (although not particularly difficult). Scenery is amazing. The traction on slickrock is increadible. Have fun!
Thanks let me know if you suggest any other trails...as of now I have it booked for 3 days.
Unread 03-28-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
GMC7000
1997 TJ Wrangler 

On the rental companies website they list the following trails:

Chicken Corners

Long Canyon

Fins N Things

Hell’s Revenge

Sevenmile Rim

Poison Spider

tried any of these?
Unread 03-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #10
Tim
1997 TJ Wrangler 

seven mile rim is fun...
as is poison spider, fins, hells, i might get a look at long canyon this year.. but you will need to run it in the right direction to get the best view. havent been to see chicken corners.

plan on one trail a day if you want to stop and enjoy the landscape. if you plan on going just to bang the s#1* out of a rig you will be able to fit more trails in there.

i go to see the land in a way a guy with a regular rig doesnt get to a compromise
Unread 03-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #11
GMC7000
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
seven mile rim is fun...
as is poison spider, fins, hells, i might get a look at long canyon this year.. but you will need to run it in the right direction to get the best view. havent been to see chicken corners.

plan on one trail a day if you want to stop and enjoy the landscape. if you plan on going just to bang the s#1* out of a rig you will be able to fit more trails in there.

i go to see the land in a way a guy with a regular rig doesnt get to a compromise
Thanks for the guidance, you may talk me into renting the Jeep for another day! I did not rent it for the first day because I wanted to get a feel for the area first and maybe check out the Arches park

this type of information helps a lot.....yea as far as banging up a rig i do that with mine...ha ha do not want to try it with a new one especially a rental....

like your thoughts on using the rig to see landscape others don't get to see, that was my thought
Unread 03-31-2009, 09:58 PM   #12
Cliff333
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
On the rental companies website they list the following trails:

Chicken Corners

Long Canyon

Fins N Things

Hellís Revenge

Sevenmile Rim

Poison Spider

tried any of these?
Chicken Corners is easy unless you are afraid of heights and has some great views. Long canyon is more of a road than a trail but is still fun. For views I would drive it top to bottom but you can also stop and look on the way up if you go the other way. Fins is just such a blast and is a must do if you are new to Moab wheelin! I have no experience on Hells but I may be doing it towards the end of the week. Seven Mile is also a great trail with a lot of interesting things to see. It has a few tricky spots but most have bypasses. You will have no trouble on it anywhere with a Farabee's jeep. It helps to have a spotter on Poison Spider but with a Farabee's jeep you could probably manage without. There are only a few tricky obstacles without bypasses. If you try it you will probably end up doing most all of the obstacles. Ohh and the scenery is AMAZING!
6.5" Rough Country Long Arm Lift on 33s - SYE / CV Drive Shaft - Wheel Spacers - adj. Track Bar - Sway Bar Discos - Surco Roof Rack With Hi Lift jack - ARB Front Bumper - Warn MX8000 Winch - Flowmaster Catback - Upgraded Stereo System - Hella Lights - Custom Seat Covers and Door Thresholds
Cliff333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.